Lightning

Why does everbody I pass look at their speedometer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2000, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Why does everbody I pass look at their speedometer?

Howdy all,
I should have done this a while ago but here is what I remember so far. Picked it up on 5-22-00 with 18 miles on the odometer. I didn't even drive for the first 3-4 days, just kept going out in the garage and looking at it. At 116 miles I found an intercooler line routed too close to the fan. (Thanks board posters!!) At 500 miles I made a freeway trip of some 500+ miles at 80 mph on average and discovered the world of BOOST! Changed oil at 1000 miles. (dealer said this was not necessary until 3K,) Yeah, right.. It got faster around 1100 miles with a few more trips to the upper end of the boost guage. Finally, an un-suspecting '99 Z28 at a stop light. Never power-braked it before or even tried a burn-off but was wondering about wheelspin after reading posts on this board. Torqued it up to 900 rpm and waited for the light. Nailed it with nothing but screaming F1's through all of first gear. Left it planted (why not, right?) and when it shifted to 2nd pulled the Chev by 3-4 truck lengths. This thing is bone stock and much faster than my '94 was. I can't wait to get it on the track and see what it will run! Sorry for the lengthy post but I can't seem to kill my enthusiasm for this "killer in disguise" pickup. Just one final question, though. Why does everyone I rip by floor their ride and look at their speedometer in disbelief when they get passed by this truck?

Old 07-05-2000, 03:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its the disbelief that a truck is going that fast Welcome to the board.

------------------
Floyd91
Why do I do the things that I do? Because, The chicks dig it!
99.5 White lightning
#2349 Born on 6/14/99

Clear Corners
Clear Tail lights
APC Ultra White headlights
PIAA Super White Driving lights
PSP Filter Kit
BellTech 3/4 drop

Razo carbon Race Pedals
Racing Trendz!

Quick Reply: Why does everbody I pass look at their speedometer?