F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Lightning (https://www.f150online.com/forums/lightning-50/)
-   -   How do I make the whine louder?? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/lightning/224207-how-do-i-make-whine-louder.html)

SuperLB51 01-09-2006 07:46 AM

How do I make the whine louder??

What mods can i do that will make the whine loud, while enhancing performance?? I am going to do a JDM exhaust, and i want to make the whine louder so I can still hear it!

Peladu 01-09-2006 08:06 AM

When I told my wife I was thinking of getting the JDM exhaust, her whine became extreemly loud. Good Luck to you.

Rob_02Lightning 01-09-2006 08:20 AM

Buy a Magnum Powers Supercharger, sob screams like a virgin in a max security shower I tell you :banana:

Actually to answer your question running an aftermarket High Flow Air Filter with ad quite the Whine. :thumbsup:

If thats not enough put a 10lb lower pulley on it, :lol:

halcyon 01-09-2006 08:45 AM

I think you can plug the silencer holes. I've never heard one in person to actually tell...

l-menace 01-09-2006 09:40 AM

1. Have it ported
2. Use an epoxy and plug the 4 holes on the bottom of the s/c
3. Use a bigger pulley

SuperLB51 01-09-2006 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by l-menace
1. Have it ported
2. Use an epoxy and plug the 4 holes on the bottom of the s/c
3. Use a bigger pulley

Where are the holes do you have a pic? And what kind epoxy Should I use?? Thanks!

jordans30 01-09-2006 12:39 PM

Contact Stiegmeyer's (sp?).... They can do the port, polish it up like a mirror, and plug the holes for you at a reasonable price..

http://www.stiegemeier.com/show_polish.html

Steve

JimIII@jdm 01-09-2006 05:40 PM

If you really want to hear her scream throw a Magnum on it, loudest roots blower known to man!!

JimIII

Dan_03Lightning 01-09-2006 07:50 PM

Music to my ears................ :drool:

In all seriousness if you are on a budget, like Rob said, cold air intake will change the tone. The next step is another pulley combo, so when you step on her she instantly spins to that wonderful wine!

I have a 5lb lower on my second L and I can say Hi to another L owner by just stepping on the throttle (well stepping hard). Love the sound, but even more than that I Love the forward motion!

In my four years of being involved with this crazy crew I have learned a few things about the wine:

KB's have a distinct wine (had one on my '03).
Don't install high flow cats if you want to hear the wine (another '03 lesson).
Our Eatons max the wine at 14lbs (dropping off at the higher speeds).
Most importantly......obey the cold weather rules of engagement or you will be wining.

D-Day

;)

CoCoCountyLbolt 01-09-2006 09:26 PM

MORE BOOOOOOOOST :rocker:

SLICK0478 01-10-2006 12:15 AM

Cheapest way ......Open your window and floor it....if not a CAI will help out until you feel like going bigger

Slick

SLICK0478 01-10-2006 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dan_03Lightning
Music to my ears................ :drool:

In all seriousness if you are on a budget, like Rob said, cold air intake will change the tone. The next step is another pulley combo, so when you step on her she instantly spins to that wonderful wine!

I have a 5lb lower on my second L and I can say Hi to another L owner by just stepping on the throttle (well stepping hard). Love the sound, but even more than that I Love the forward motion!

In my four years of being involved with this crazy crew I have learned a few things about the wine:

KB's have a distinct wine (had one on my '03).
Don't install high flow cats if you want to hear the wine (another '03 lesson).
Our Eatons max the wine at 14lbs (dropping off at the higher speeds).
Most importantly......obey the cold weather rules of engagement or you will be wining.

D-Day

;)

Its WHINE
I spent $50 on my plates.....I WHINE....wine will get you a DUI....lol
Slick

Hostile03SVT 01-10-2006 12:20 AM

get a cog belt setup... they sound ****in sick!!!! there is a video of an 03-04 cobra with one you gotta hear this thing on RPMOutlet.com i also heard a Lightning with one sounds just as sick... :rocker: but of course it is a pricey mod...

Andy@Chikenears 01-11-2006 10:18 AM

If you have the stock air filter setup, that's gonna muffle the blower wine a bit. Get a cool air intake setup.

Andy@Chickenears

mike00L 01-11-2006 05:45 PM

Take the tape off her mouth! :lol: