Lightning

National Lightning Owners Club

Old 12-08-1999, 06:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post National Lightning Owners Club

Hey all, Sal here. I've noticed something that has me a bit puzzled lately. I haven't seen many people here on the board as being NLOC members. I founded and ran the NLOC for the past few years, and recently it was taken over by long time NLOC member and friend Jeff Sparkman. The NLOC is an awseome source for Lightning info. The members go to many events nationwide and have "mini" meets of thier own. Also, being a club member entitiles you to discounts at many Lightning-friendly stores including Downs Ford and my own Power Surge Performance. I offer 10% off on Bassani parts to NLOC members. If you have a 99 Lightning, that's $170 off a 99 complete system!! Not too bad for a $30 membership fee Seriously, the NLOC is something I'm very proud of, and being the president and now a member of the NLOC has been extreemly enjoyable for the past few years. I strongly suggest joining. Here is the link to the NLOC page: www.NLOC.org

------------------
SAL
13.35@103mph
All stock with PSP 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit

Power Surge Performance--- Your SOURCE for SVT Lightning EFI Tuning and Performance!! http://members.aol.com/NLOCsvt/svt.html

Old 12-08-1999, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear! Hear!

NLOC has been berry berry goot to me! I found them before I found F150 Online and I am here to tell you that this is an organization worthy of support and contributions (experiences and the nominal membership fee). I have already retrieved the $30 annual dues about 10 times over in discounts.

Jeff Sparkman is a helluva nice guy and he has some big plans for the club in the near future. He even let me take his truck down the track at HRP in exchange for a pass in mine! His 12 sec. gen 1 L is nothing but awesome!

Join up! You have nothing to lose but valuable information and a lot of potential friends!

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning Build # 1273, DOB 5-14-99, NLOC #315
Best run to date 13.16 @104.8
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 80 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood; Cal-Tracs traction bars

Old 12-08-1999, 09:31 PM
Thumbs up

I agree with Sal & Wyldman and have recently joined the National Lightning Owners Club. If you own a Lightning (any year) you owe it to yourself to join an organization dedicated to furthering your enjoyment of our fantastic trucks and putting you in touch with an even larger Lightning population than that found here on F-150 OnLine.

Like many others on this list, I am a member of various automotive organizations made up of people who own a particular marque. In addition to the NLOC, I am a member of the SHO Registry, International Syclone & Typhoon Association, and Harley Owners Group. The support, knowledge, experience and comradery of these groups is great. The annual dues are nothing compared to the benefits derived from membership.

So, Join the NLOC today - You'll like it!!

------------------
Mike Philpott
Orlando, FL
'99.5 Black Lightning
SVT #2190 - Build Date 6/9/99
NLOC #361

6 CD Changer, Class 3 Hitch, A.R.E. LSII Lid, BedRug Liner, Invinca-Shield/3M Scotchcal protective film, Wyldman's Clear Lexan Fog Light Covers, 16% Window Tint, LoJack, Val-1 (Sal's PSP Chip & Air Filter Kit on order!!)

[This message has been edited by F150SVT (edited 12-08-1999).]

Old 12-08-1999, 10:41 PM
Thumbs down

Lightning Tuner
I joined NLOC in June and received
one news letter.There was no further
anything from the NLOC I assumed they
were defunct. NLOC has made no further
communication with me or another freind
who joined after me. ****

Old 12-09-1999, 12:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey ****, Sal here. Actually, what happend was a guy took the club over from me, then after a few months had some personal problems, and turned it over to Jeff. Jeff has send the new newsletter out this week. If you don't get one by next week, or just want to confirm your membership, feel free to contact Jeff via the E-mail link provided on the NLOC site.

------------------
SAL
13.35@103mph
All stock with PSP 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit

Power Surge Performance--- Your SOURCE for SVT Lightning EFI Tuning and Performance!! http://members.aol.com/NLOCsvt/svt.html

Old 12-09-1999, 03:09 PM
Smile

Well, occasionally I step out of the shadows here and post something, and I suppose this is an appropriate time.

****, let me apologize on behalf of the club for the situation that developed over the summer and fall. I'm in the process of rebuilding the whole schebang and the Winter newsletter went out this past Monday. The club is definitely not defunct and after a brief hiatus is charging ahead more aggressively than ever before.

I the past 5 weeks I've taken care of all the regulatory things involved in making the club official and all the business stuff necessary to operate a organization like the NLOC (thank God for good help). I've revamped the web site, produced a newsletter, made arrangements to sponsor truck-class racing for the Fun Ford Weekend, and teamed up with Power Surge Performance to bring you Lightning racing at the World Ford Challenge. Besides that we're in the process of trying to get a message board similar to this one off its feet and working to line up additional discounters. Please take advantage of these things. It's what your dues do for you.

I drive and turn wrenches on a '95. I do practically all of my own work (occasionally I get nervous about something and have a shop do the work - to date that's been changing a rear main seal and installing the differential carrier off of a '99). I drag race most weekends and SOLO II when possible. I'm an engineer by trade and occasionally run off on technical diabtribes when the mood strikes (those of you who frequent the SVT-Lightning list can surely attest to that! LOL!)

I want you happy with YOUR organization, so if there's something I can do to "fix" things for you, please let me know. I notice that you only mentioned a newsletter (such that is was). Did you receive a "membership pack" when you joined?

I hope to show up here more now that I'm starting to get past the hump of getting the club back on its feet. I doubt I can be remotely as much help on the '99s as Sal can, but it will give me a chance to see what you guys are doing and help me stay on top of developments and modifications for the Gen 2 trucks.

Finally, thanks for the kind words guys. I am working diligently (and somewhat sleeplessly) to see that the club lives up to them.

Later!
Jeff S.
President, NLOC - http://nloc.org
Lightning #74 in 1995 - 11.92@115.2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: National Lightning Owners Club