Lightning

Need a way to end the P1000 or the truck is going up for sale

Old 06-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a way to end the P1000 or the truck is going up for sale

There has to be some way to completely eliminate the P1000 code from the trucks. I've read all the threads and it seems most posts consist of somebody who doesn't live in a state with OBDII emissions testing telling the poster that its fine and to move on. I have failed 2 times now. I'm driving a truck that has expired inspection tags since April. I'm looking at a $500+ ticket if I get caught. I find myself staying at work until it gets closer to sundown so my tags arent so obvious. It has had the stock tune on it for about 3000 miles now and nothing. It won't go away. I've driven that stupid test route with the 14 steps about 10 times now. It's tough to go 45mph for 6 minutes without having people throw things at you on the highway Can't I get it blown away? On my old GM car, I had a tuner remove codes (like the ones related to the fact that my Catalytic converter was gone) so they couldn't even show up. Can't somebody just zap the code so I don't even see it? The emission machine fails me before it starts because the "truck isn't ready" I can't keep the truck if I can't keep it legally inspected. I mean right now April isn't so bad, but in 10 months its gonna be a huge problem. Can anybody out there help me?

-c

Old 06-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Can a tuner not program the chip to make the light not come on for that problem?

Old 06-18-2005, 08:52 PM
In some states when they do the emisson test, they hook up to your obd2 port to look for trouble codes.. so just turning off the check engine light wouldnt work...
Im in the same boat as you right now.. just moved to Illinois, My sticker expired 3 months ago and i need to take the test..

Old 06-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Why not take it to a shop and tell them to get the code out.If the truck is stockshould not be much of a problem And also if possible have that shop to the inspection too.I know I would spend 250 or even 500 to get it removed if that is what the ticket is going to cost anyway.will be cheaper than the ticket and then getting the code removed.All it means is the truck has not done complete diagnoistics on itself.More than likely it is the rear o2s' causing the problem they are the hardest to and the last of the obd tests to complete.Stan

Old 06-18-2005, 09:06 PM
If I knew of a way to get the code out I would not have posted. What tool in a shop can clear this code for good? I have yearly inspections and atleast 1 time a year I unhook the battery (any time I do work to it) so I know the PCM is getting reset and the code will be back again. $250 in shop fees/bribes a year is crazy considering the truck should pass. I asked if I could just hook up to the old sniffer tests and they (everywhere) said that if it has OBDII - then it has to test that way.
-c

Old 06-18-2005, 09:20 PM
you cannot clear a p1000 code. you coult hit clear on a scanner 500 million times and it will still come up. A p1000 code means the pcm was reset (either by scan tool or by disconnectin the battery) and it needs to check all sensors to make sure everything is in it's normal operating parameter. All you have to do is drive. every vehicle is different on how long it takes to clear. drive it for a while it will clear. if there is a problem once the systems check is complete the service engine light will come on indicating a problem.

most states if you take it in and it fails you have like 30 days to fix it and bring it back in to retest.

Will

Old 06-18-2005, 11:22 PM
I had a similar problem - I have an NGS and tried to force the test route like you - I finally gave up and drove it back to the inspection place - Even though the odbII tests were not complete the iimportant parts were and I passed.

Doug

Old 06-18-2005, 11:38 PM
So far I have not been so lucky. Even if I am now, I worry about next years test.
-c

Originally Posted by Silver_2000_;)!
I had a similar problem - I have an NGS and tried to force the test route like you - I finally gave up and drove it back to the inspection place - Even though the odbII tests were not complete the iimportant parts were and I passed.

Doug

Old 06-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by ccattie
So far I have not been so lucky. Even if I am now, I worry about next years test.
-c
as long as you dont keep unplugging or resetting right before the inspection this wont be a problem next year - surely by then you will have driven the entire ODBII test cycle - assuming all your sensors are still hooked up

Old 06-22-2005, 09:09 PM
So did you get the code to clear?

i have this code also, fortunately i just got mine inspected before i did the last few mods but you got me kinda worried about whether or not it will clear.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Mine showed the code today after I recalibrated the Superchips programmer for new tires. I just drive the snot out of it until everything feels fine. Check it again and the code is gone.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm going to goto a Ford dealer and get the whole PCM reflashed to stock incase something is wrong. I just need to find a dealer who is cool because I refuse to pay an hours labor when flashing a PCM takes about a minute (atleast it does on my GM cars).
-c

Old 06-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ccattie
I'm going to goto a Ford dealer and get the whole PCM reflashed to stock incase something is wrong. I just need to find a dealer who is cool because I refuse to pay an hours labor when flashing a PCM takes about a minute (atleast it does on my GM cars).
-c
Nothing is wrong with the truck, and the dealer or any other service station can't make that code go away.

I have been amazed that the state inspections using the OBDII method will fail a truck for the P1000 code. I had customers tell me this for a while now, and guess what? In June, here in NY they went to that. It's absolutely retarted. I have scanned literally thousands of Ford vehicles over my lifetime, and have NEVER seen one vehicle that DIDN'T have a P1000 code. I remember in Ford School, talking to one of the engineers about the OBDII drive cycle. They had a 97 Cougar that had over 100k miles and NEVER put out that code. What that code means, is that the vehicle has not checked and passed all 8 OBDII tests in ONE DRIVE CYCLE.

It's a totally stupid and rediculous test, and legit cars that would pass the dyno or sniffer will fail because of this stupid code.

I know here in NY, they allow you a certain amount of system checks to fail based on how old the vehicle is. For example, my 01 was allowed 2 of the tests to fail and still pass. Of course I had that all shut off, so lets just say I got my inspection in a "different" manner.

And no, you can't get a "tune" to make the vehicle pass. Even if it were possible, no tuning company would ever do such a thing as it's a serious federal offense.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:32 AM
I don't know about the p1000 code, but reading what the others had to say, I thought that I'd suggest removing the ECU cleaning the pins and trying again.

I assume that you got this code around the time you might have tried a piggyback chip.

Just a thought?

Old 06-23-2005, 07:16 AM
In Pennsylvania, P1000 will not pass unless it has been 5000 miles or less since last inspection. My P1000 used to clear (after unplugging battery) every time I drove for a while, but will not clear since I started using Predator (maybe some of the sensor changes ?). However, i heard the new Predator upgrade does not throw the codes once a tune is loaded and drive cycles complete.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a way to end the P1000 or the truck is going up for sale