Lightning

Question on removal of the wire cover on firewall.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on removal of the wire cover on firewall.

I got the DGM CF radiator cover and wire loom kit coming and I was taking the factory peices off to get ready for the new goods and I am wondering........
On the back I removed the screws and the metal clips(one being down in my engine area somewhere now)and thought it would kind of just come off but its still there and i gave it a little tug but decided to ask first. Do you just need to put some *** into it to get it off or is there something else that may be overlooked that is still holding it in place?

Figured I would ask before I broke something and got really p****d.

Thanks.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a tab that sticks back and has a push pin clip on it. You need to remove the wipers and the cowls first, then you can get to that push pin. You might be able to pry it up with the cowls on there, but you won't be able to put it back in.

Old 04-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
There is a tab that sticks back and has a push pin clip on it. You need to remove the wipers and the cowls first, then you can get to that push pin. You might be able to pry it up with the cowls on there, but you won't be able to put it back in.

Holy crap I am glad I did not pull on the wire cover to much. Did not know about the cowl and push pin.Thanks for the info man I had no idea.

Russ

Old 04-13-2005, 05:27 PM
I installed the same piece back in January and just forced the old cover off and the push pin pulled right out. I didn't re-use the push pin I don't think (can't remember) but I did not have to remove the cowl panel/wiper arms either and everything lined up tight. Did you get the DG c/f radiator cover as well? Nice pieces!

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...693-115664.jpg

Last edited by Eds 01 Lightnin; 04-13-2005 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Question on removal of the wire cover on firewall.