F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Lightning (https://www.f150online.com/forums/lightning-50/)
-   -   Satellite Radio and MP3 player installed in my new 2004 - Stealth install (https://www.f150online.com/forums/lightning/188211-satellite-radio-mp3-player-installed-my-new-2004-stealth-install.html)

Silver_2000 03-03-2005 12:53 AM

Satellite Radio and MP3 player installed in my new 2004 - Stealth install

My 2000 was broken into then a truck I was borrowing was broken into all in about 3 weeks at the end of last year.

I wanted to get Sat radio again but didn't want my new truck to get broken into. So for about 2 months I have been researching how to get an OEM radio that does Satellite and MP3's and I have found one. That system along with the Stealth antenna install posted her by B man and I should be flying under the radar with 4.2 Gigs of MP3's and Sat Radio .. :banana: :banana:

Its all Ford stuff and is even covered under my 3/36 warranty.
None of the Ford radios avail on Ebay that do Sat will work in our trucks without significant hacking

I put together a How To of sorts here
http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/how...io_install.htm

I am not selling the kits myself and have no financial interest in the company that is ...

Doug

My Red-Rocket 03-03-2005 01:08 AM

This is friggin AWESOME!:rocker: :banana:

g-divisionboyz 03-03-2005 09:50 AM

nice pictures and step by step instructions
But I rather have a DVD/NAV system

I have a Eclipse AVN2454. Its a double din system with DVD/NAV and when its not in use, I make a cheap fake plate to cover it.

Its just a cheap plastic with the old radio nobs glue to it, so when other punk@$$$ walks by and see I got them 80"s deck, he or she will move on to the next vehicle for a better deal....

Its sad that some people had to steal other hard working people

Silver_2000 03-03-2005 09:52 AM

Originally posted by g-divisionboyz
nice pictures and step by step instructions
But I rather have a DVD/NAV system

I have a Eclipse AVN2454. Its a double din system with DVD/NAV and when its not in use, I make a cheap fake plate to cover it.

Its just a cheap plastic with the old radio nobs glue to it, so when other punk@$$$ walks by and see I got them 80"s deck, he or she will move on to the next vehicle for a better deal....

Its sad that some people had to steal other hard working people

Had a system like that stolen from a truck in Dec - Im too lazy to remember to put up the fake face plate every time I stop...

Good idea though...

MadNess 03-03-2005 10:18 AM

Looks like a great setup Doug :) You going to come to the ffw in houston in may? If so, I want to check out the setup in person :)

Silver_2000 03-03-2005 10:37 AM

Originally posted by MadNess
Looks like a great setup Doug :) You going to come to the ffw in houston in may? If so, I want to check out the setup in person :)
I have to be in Phoenix that week but Im going to try to come down. Are you going to the Louisiana race ?
http://www.funfordevents.com/index.p...nt&pos=0,20,14

MadNess 03-03-2005 11:34 AM

Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
I have to be in Phoenix that week but Im going to try to come down. Are you going to the Louisiana race ?
http://www.funfordevents.com/index.p...nt&pos=0,20,14

Nah Im going to pass on the Lousiana gig... Im sure Ill run into you somewhere.. Hallsville maybe or something:cool:

Silver_2000 03-04-2005 04:54 PM

Filled a CD with MP3's

Now I can do a 170 song Random Shuffle among some of my favorites... Too bad it wont do inter CD Shuffle

My Red-Rocket 03-14-2005 07:51 PM

I ordered the same setup as Doug from Kevin and received it two days later, by the way top notch excellent service. Kit came with everything needed. Took about 4 hours, I took my time, to do a super clean install. Mounted the antenna under the wiper cowl with perfect reception. I have a 02' so I had to trim the upper back section of the radio support on the inside the dash, no big deal though. The only other thing is that the stock CD charger can't be reused because the satellite receiver uses that jack on the back of the head unit. No real loss though because I have so much many more music choices to choose from now. Oh, the sound quality is tons better then the stock head unit. I can get a lot more bass out of the new one. Anyways, I'd definitely recommend this mod for those that want to go stealth. If you have any questions email me.:rocker: :rocker:

Silver_2000 03-14-2005 08:45 PM

Glad you liked it

I was told you could wire in the stock changer to the open plug on the sat harness....

Doug

My Red-Rocket 03-14-2005 09:30 PM

My harness didn't have an extra plug. I tried leaving it plugged in but the satellite receiver and the CD changer were competing for the same channel so I was getting a buzzing sound when I had the Sat. selected. After I unplugged the CD changer the Sat. worked great.

Silver_2000 03-14-2005 09:37 PM

Originally posted by My Red-Rocket
My harness didn't have an extra plug. I tried leaving it plugged in but the satellite receiver and the CD changer were competing for the same channel so I was getting a buzzing sound when I had the Sat. selected. After I unplugged the CD changer the Sat. worked great.
MIne had this extra plug

If its an issue for you I bet Omicron can help find an answer - They are great people

Doug http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/how...m-P1020076.jpg

My Red-Rocket 03-14-2005 11:34 PM

Sorry, I mis-spoke. My harness is exactly like yours, I plugged both ends for the radio into the new head unit, the satellite plug into the receiver, and the other two plugs in the stock harness. I had everything plugged in, including the stock CD changer, and when I pressed CD it wouldn't detect the CD's in the stock changer and the satellite feed was weak. When I unplugged the stock changer the satellite fead and sound quality was normal. So, I was assuming that the changer and satellite were using the same channel into the back of the new head unit. It's no issue at all. I think I'll be just fine without the stock changer. As, being great people, that's very true. I was supprised when UPS wasn't able to deliever on their first attempt Kevin tracked the package and called to make sure I knew that UPS had tried to deliver it. Great customer service!

Edward 03-31-2005 04:09 PM

Can anyone else verify if you can use the stock changer with this setup? I'm about to order this but I really do need to be able to keep the stock changer input. I'm currently using a PAC auxillary input on my '03 radio for my ipod. I'd like to add sat radio; but I'd hate to lose the direct connection to my ipod.

Thanks,
Edward

MadNess 03-31-2005 04:26 PM

Dougster, do you have any idea if that setup would go into an 03 cobra? I need to replace and fix some crap in my wifes cobra.. she got broken into, they took her beloved sat radio/mp3 player... now I want to put something that is stealth and looks factory so that WORTHLESS THEIVES have no reason to bother my wifes car.