Lightning

Dyno Results - Dissapointed

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno Results - Dissapointed

399hp

Last edited by 00Bolt; 11-09-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:56 PM
A few questions.

1) Was it the same dyno the 1st and 2nd time you dyno'd? (Meaning did you go to the same place?) If not, that can make a big difference, even between the same make of dyno.

2) What tune did you have before the SCT? What was the timing on the 1st tune, and what is the timing on the SCT tune? Did you datalog either the 1st or 2nd time?

3) Are those numbers SAE or Standard?

4) What other mods do you have other that the ones you listed. In other words, what mods did you dyno with to get 397RWHP?

Last edited by ShockTherapy; 10-24-2004 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Those are A LOT of parts to be adding with no retune. I will also ask the same question about being on the same dyno. What were the weather conditions for both times. Can you post a picture of the dyno graph from each visit>??? Either way give JDM a call on Monday, I am sure they will help you out in any way they can. -Mat-

Old 10-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dyno Results - Dissapointed

Originally posted by 00Bolt
my A/F was pretty steady around 12.1

About as lean (aggressive) as I would want to go ...

Old 10-24-2004, 09:54 PM
was the same dyno and about the same weather.... other than the mods I listed now... before I basically had 4lb, ported blower, tb, etc.... mods are all on my website... look in sig

Old 10-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by SVT F15O
Those are A LOT of parts to be adding with no retune. I will also ask the same question about being on the same dyno. What were the weather conditions for both times. Can you post a picture of the dyno graph from each visit>??? Either way give JDM a call on Monday, I am sure they will help you out in any way they can. -Mat-

Funny you should mention this. Jim had told him to do just that, after he added all those mods. He chose to go a more risky route after he made the inquiry in his last post. Somehow or the other he got the impression that it really wasn't needed.

Hey Scott....maybe you should listen to your tuner before you blow the bottom out of your motor.

The long tubes you added would be enough of a change to possibly need a retune. Not to mention the added boost from the upper you added.

Don't deny it...I know you where told you would need a retune after adding those mods.

Now you know why I subscribed to the other thread you posted...I was waiting to hear about a blown motor. You may be luckier than you think.

Now call your tuner(jim) about retuning, like he told you to do.

Rocks

Old 10-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by 03LightninRocks
Funny you should mention this. Jim had told him to do just that, after he added all those mods. He chose to go a more risky route after he made the inquiry in his last post. Somehow or the other he got the impression that it really wasn't needed.

Hey Scott....maybe you should listen to your tuner before you blow the bottom out of your motor.

The long tubes you added would be enough of a change to possibly need a retune. Not to mention the added boost from the upper you added.

Don't deny it...I know you where told you would need a retune after adding those mods.

Now you know why I subscribed to the other thread you posted...I was waiting to hear about a blown motor. You may be luckier than you think.

Now call your tuner(jim) about retuning, like he told you to do.

Rocks
You tell'em "Dad"

LOL

Old 10-25-2004, 01:30 AM
00bolt check out my numbers! same mods as you except i dont have headers, midpipe, efan or power plenum

Old 10-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by BLUE N BLOWN
00bolt check out my numbers! same mods as you except i dont have headers, midpipe, efan or power plenum

No...you don't have the same mods as him. He has a WES ported eaton, that has never performed properly...you have an Apten. He has a 4 lb lower...you have a five.

One more thing that just causes me to bust a gut......with all the sage advise he has gotten around here, not one person has asked him what kind of boost he is getting. Everyone is so hung up with the pound labels we have on pulleys, they just assume everyone is getting the prescribed boost......wrong again..maybe his belt is slipping. Nobody asked about this either.

I realize folks are just trying to be helpful....and that is cool. But sometimes it seems like someone will ask a question here....only to receive a shotgun pattern of answers(mostly guessing), and a whole bunch of garbage from folks that seem to be seizing upon the opportunity to wave their own H.P./Torque flags.

In some cases, this well intentioned advice results in noobs ending up in a total state of confusion...and occasionally blown motors.

Rant Off...............Rocks

Old 10-25-2004, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03LightninRocks
[B]No...you don't have the same mods as him. He has a WES ported eaton, that has never performed properly...you have an Apten. He has a 4 lb lower...you have a five.

Uh, i have a wes ported blower, and so does several other people with no complaints. I think the problem lies somewhere else.

Old 10-25-2004, 07:53 AM
i know i need a new tune, thats obvious.... I have the SCT and all I need is one emailed to me... but have to wait for Jim to get back in town this week.

I talked to 2 different guys at JDM last week (neither Jim) and got 2 different instructions... one was to not dyno or race until I got a new tune.... other was to get one dyno first, otherwise they wouldnt know how to tune it.....

i couldnt actually tell ya about my boost right now. i think my boost gauge is broken... if you tap on it, it will kinda move a little, im gonna order another one... but if it is acurate, im only seeing about 12lbs....

i thought about the slip issue, thats why I bought the idler... dont think that is problem anymore....

if for some reason, Im really not getting the 14+ lbs i "should" be getting... is there anything else to checkout besides the ported blower?

only reason I hate to blame it on the blower is because I have personally talked to like 10 guys with same WASP and none have had any complaints....

Old 10-25-2004, 08:42 AM
Suspended
Blue and Blown, no way your numbers are SAE... I only have 415/489 with a conservative tune I will grant you, but no way you have me by that much....

Old 10-25-2004, 08:46 AM
part of this problem may be ignorance by my part. When Jim dyno tuned my truck that day... i was not around. I have a buddy take my truck up there because I had to work.

Therefore, i didnt really get to ask all the questions about how much timing, how much octaine on race side, etc

i was messing with the SCT and noticed I have 2 programs which I knew... I just assumed one was street and one was race with 100+ octaine...

well 1 says street and other says street R.... so i am wondering now if I dont have a race for race gas and just have 2 street programs... maybe one is conservative and other is more aggresive??

i didnt run the street R this dyno, nor have I ever dynod any race program I have ever had... im gonna call Jim today and get some more info on my tune and see about getting new tunes..

i hope i didnt come across as bashing JDM because i have alot of respect for Jim... im thinking there is something small with the truck, really thinking its the blower port now more and more

Old 10-25-2004, 10:44 AM
i called JDM this morning and Jim was busy, just got in town and everything... but I talked to Jim Jr. he said with the way my A/F looks I probably dont even need a new tune.... and told him about all the new add ons and he was floored to think of why I dont have more power??? hes gonna talk to Jim about my situation and get back to me.... but if we rule out the tune, then its something else....??

btw, here is my dyno chart.... didnt get into the 400hp or the 500trq club yet

Old 10-25-2004, 11:09 AM
i hope i didnt come across as bashing JDM because i have alot of respect for Jim Not to me. But again, as everyone has said " Get a proper tune" nuff said.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results - Dissapointed