Lightning

Where my south carolina drag racers??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where my south carolina drag racers??

Ok Im from charleston South Carolina and growing up I only knew of two drag strips Cooper river and Greer. And they were both 1/8th mile. Ok what I wanna know is out of all the 1/4 mile strips that are in the north of south carolina which is the best. Hooking, fastest times, and best venue?

Thanks

JimIII@JDM

Old 01-24-2004, 09:05 PM
Rockingham is so close to the SC border, it may as well be considered an SC track.

Old 01-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Former Sponsor
how is rockingham???? Hooking, Venue, Nightlife

Old 01-24-2004, 10:51 PM
JimIII
I don't want to mention how long ago but I went to college in Charleston. There was a 1/4 mile strip in Walterboro. They use to hold the state championship meet at it. I won the state championship in a 55 T-Bird. And they say that age affects the mind.
Is it still there or has it been closed?

Old 01-24-2004, 10:51 PM
My buddy called me earlier today from Carolina Dragway and he said it was hooking good. He ran a 12.6 in his 03 Cobra on F1's. He only has CAI and Catback done to it.

I've heard Rockingham isn't prepped that good.

Darlington is a decent track, but it doesnt really have much of night life.

Jim what part of Charleston are you from, I've lived in Goose Creek (just North of Charleston) all my life.

Old 01-24-2004, 11:02 PM
I know how you feel Jim, I'm in Greenville, and Greer is the local track here ( as you said, 1/8 mile ). The only SC tracks that I know of are in Jackson and Darlington. DL races at Jackson and said it has been recently repaved https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...readid=143793. , but it's 2 to 2 1/2 hours from me. Driving from Greenville, the closest 1/4 track is Commerce in Georgia. So it's an eight mile track or an hour and a half to Georgia, Commerce is where everyone I know goes. In NC, the big track is Fayetteville motorsports park.

Old 01-25-2004, 12:11 AM
i go to jackson when i run the 1/4 very good hooking track usually.

sharpshooter, i got a soon to be brother in law that lives in goose creek. he works at jarriels tire or gerrels however u spell it. his name is jonathon gordy if you by any chance know him? his wife has lived in goose creek all of her life. he just bout begs me to go run at cooper river everytime i see him. all the people he hangs out with and works with dont believe a big heavy lightning can run low low 7s and high 6's. i would like to show them but its over 3 hours for me. let me know if you know him.

Old 01-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Hey, JimIII Are you still in Charleston, or are you in Jersey? I'm going to be doing a ship yard period in Charleston starting around the end of February. It would be an honor to meet another member of the JDM crew!

Old 01-25-2004, 09:14 AM
Fayetteville Motorsports Park is very good. They're open on Sundays during winter. Very nice track atmosphere and hooks very good. I believe their website is http://www.fayettevillemotorsportspark.com

Old 01-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally posted by whip
Hey, JimIII Are you still in Charleston, or are you in Jersey? I'm going to be doing a ship yard period in Charleston starting around the end of February. It would be an honor to meet another member of the JDM crew!
Whip,

Im in Jersey now but Ill be in Charleston next weekend for the Superbowl; PANTHERS! I go back to Charleston alot, so when you get there shoot me an email.

Jim3@teamjdm.com

Thanks for the info guys you've been a big help

JimIII@JDM

Old 01-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by JWLightning02
Fayetteville Motorsports Park is very good. They're open on Sundays during winter. Very nice track atmosphere and hooks very good. I believe their website is http://www.fayettevillemotorsportspark.com
Hell yeah. Thats my home track. Very nice!! Like he said atmosphere is great, and hooks very well. Come on out.

Old 01-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Well, if your not too upset about the panthers gettin' whooped by the Pats, I hope to see you down there for some racing!

Cheers,
Aaron

Go Pats!

Old 01-25-2004, 04:17 PM
Rusty, Is Cooper River the track that's about 10-15 min. up from Summerville? I was there once last summer, but didn't know if that's the name or not?

Old 01-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Rusty

sharpshooter, i got a soon to be brother in law that lives in goose creek. he works at jarriels tire or gerrels however u spell it. his name is jonathon gordy if you by any chance know him? his wife has lived in goose creek all of her life. he just bout begs me to go run at cooper river everytime i see him. all the people he hangs out with and works with dont believe a big heavy lightning can run low low 7s and high 6's. i would like to show them but its over 3 hours for me. let me know if you know him.
Rusty,

I don't think I know your future brother-in-law, but the name sounds familiar. I have been by Gerrald's Tire a few time, and most the time they are the coolest people. They have even plugged a tire on my Cobra for free.

I'd love to get my truck as fast as yours so that I could show him a fast lightning. I'd be lucky to run low 8's anytime soon.

Originally posted by LightStruck

Rusty, Is Cooper River the track that's about 10-15 min. up from Summerville? I was there once last summer, but didn't know if that's the name or not?
LightStruck,

Cooper River is about 10-15 min. from Summerville, but Dorchester Dragway is about the same distance also. You know you were at Dorchester, becaause about a 1/4 mile after the finish line there is a Rail Road Crossing, I think they even shut down while a train is going thru.

Old 01-25-2004, 06:40 PM
PLEASE tell me the train comes by to pick up the broken Chevy & Dodge parts!!!

Quick Reply: Where my south carolina drag racers??