Lightning

How can I get a vendor to reimburse me for damages they caused

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How can I get a vendor to reimburse me for damages they caused

What are your opinions on this disgracefull situation?
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=128449

Old 09-13-2003, 08:16 PM
F150online
Founder
Hopefully, this thread will ultimately contain practical information to help you with your situation. Keep in mind that your previous thread was closed for a reason and if the ultimate purpose of this thread is to do the same thing, it will be removed, as per our policy.

Here is some advice. If you feel that you have been wronged by any vendor:

1) Talk it through with the vendor. Only YOU know 100% of the truth of your side of the story and only THEY know 100% of the truth from their side. Hopefully, when level heads prevail, everyone will br happy and perhaps meet in the middle. This transaction was between you and the vendor, not you and everyone on this site.

2) If #1 fails, contact your credit card company and stop any charges you've made. They will act as an inpartial investigator and (theoretically) do the right thing.

3) If #1 & #2 fails, you can always take the vendor to court. If you are confident enough in your case and have proof of your claims, it can be worth the cost.

What NOT to do is take up a crusade on this message board to drive your message into the ground and constantly beat a dead horse. I am not, incidentally, accusing you of that.
I stronlgly recommend exhausting option #1 first. You are going to get some idiotic replies to your question. Be practical and don't let emotion or "what I heard from my friend" stuff cloud your judgement.

Last edited by webmaster; 09-13-2003 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I appreciate your candor in the matter, webmaster....Im only seeking satisfaction and if by asking someones opinion whether it benefits me or you or another board member or not than I will be satisfied and this post will have served its purpose....

Old 09-13-2003, 08:25 PM
F150online
Founder

Old 09-13-2003, 08:29 PM
Really Old "Member"
I really should stay away from this but...

1. The telephone
2. E-mail
3. Park the truck in their lot until you get satisfaction.
4. If you paid some/part/all by credit card, try to get the charge reversed.
5. If you have good documentation, get a lawyer.

6, through Infiniti: You ain't gonna get your problem solved or money back by posting your problems here. We may sympathize, empathize, agree or disagree with your situation but we cannot solve it for you.
7. I take no part in the argument You could be right, "they" could be right but "we" will never know what really happened.

Understand well I am not trying to play Moderator but for crying out loud this is getting a bit out of hand. I, as an individual, accept that you spent almost $20K trying to reach a level of performance that most of can never hope to achieve. God Bless.
That it did not work out as you had hoped is very sad but I fail to see how your continuing posts on the subject are going to solve the problem that you have with the supplier.

BTW, later I have a post I hope to make about similar problems I had with vendors some 20 years ago, in the last Century. We didn't have the internet then and you had to do your business the John Wayne way. Or, hire Guido to solve the problem.
Bill

Oh well, Steve beat me to it by a few minutes.

Last edited by Bill Murray; 09-13-2003 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:30 PM
Give it up already. This forum is not about trashing people or spreading lies about anyone. I would like to hope we have all gotten past . If you have an issue with REM you need to take it up with THEM/NOT US and perhaps in court if you think you have a case. This forum is not to serve as a jury as you would want it to be. I have had my L tuned by REM and had several mods added and have been extremely satisfied with my performance. Paul & Tim has been a class act, honest, and lucky to have a "L" performance shop here in South Florida.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:32 PM
I totally agree with the webmasters method of resolving your complaint. I felt your first post on the subject was done out of emotion and your emotion overruled your common sense. If you follow the steps that were outlined by the webmaster then the situation should be resolved. Be prepeared though, if you go to court, you may not get what you think is fair, but by going to court, you have left that decision up to the judge. #1 is always the best method.

I try not to take sides on these sort of situations because it's only fair to here each side of the whole story and not just one persons view. Good luck and I hope everything can get resolved and don't let your emotions get in the way of common sense in your negotiations. The saying "cooler heads prevail" is very true.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:38 PM
F150online
Founder
Whoa. Wait a sec here. Did a Lightning owner from SoFla actually say they AGREED with me??

Old 09-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Promod, i had a much smaller issue with a vendor and i sat home everyday pissed. everyone was like.... stop posting, we dont want ot hear it, take it up with the vendor. Anyways, i kept posting anyway and finally it got resolved. I know what you are goin through. KEEP POSTING. Enough negative publicity and they will do what is right if they are truely wrong. Good luck. I hope you get reimbursed. Keep us posted.

Vinny

Old 09-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What can you do? It really depends.

First, quit posting arguably defamatory remarks about REM on these boards or you may be looking at an instant countersuit for defamation. If nothing else, you are making yourself look like an *sshole to the trier of fact (yup, these posts will be a trial exhibit). It is very difficult to be sympathetic to someone who is foaming at the mouth, no matter how badly they have been wronged.

Second, because your posts are all in broken English with random punctuation, I really have no idea what you problem(s) is/are. Are you saying that REM caused your engine(s) to blow? If so, check the terms of the purchase orders/invoices. I would be surprised if REM did not limit damages to the cost of replacement parts. Are you saying that REM caused your truck to be wrecked? If due to alleged engine failure, see the foregoing. If you are saying that someone from REM actually wrecked your truck, then a suit or clain against REM's insurance company may be the only answer.

Third, assuming you exhaust the other avenues suggested above (lawsuits should always be the last resort), consider filing a small claims court action. No lawyers allowed -- just you and REM. Unless there is some statute allowing attorneys fees in Florida, the costs of the litigation will likely exceed any recovery. The sad fact is that most small cases simply cannot be economically brought to trial in a general civil suit. Small claims is often the only venue which makes any sense.

Fourth, take a deep breath. Calmly compose your posts. Use proper English and complete, detailed sentence so that people can understand what you are saying. You can get better advice that way.

Old 09-13-2003, 09:29 PM
document EVERYTHING.
call an attorney.

Balance the cost of an attorney verse how much you plan on suing for.
then figure out whether or not you can get attorney fees paid.

odds are you will realize that it is not worth hiring an attorney.

you can always sue in small claim court, depending on the limit amount set in your jurisdiction.

Old 09-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Vinny
Promod, i had a much smaller issue with a vendor and i sat home everyday pissed. everyone was like.... stop posting, we dont want ot hear it, take it up with the vendor. Anyways, i kept posting anyway and finally it got resolved. I know what you are goin through. KEEP POSTING. Enough negative publicity and they will do what is right if they are truely wrong. Good luck. I hope you get reimbursed. Keep us posted.

Vinny
Yeah, REM has done nothing to even try to resolve this with me.....Wish I were up by you Vinny.....I think the vendors up by you are class acts compared to here in Florida....

Old 09-13-2003, 09:47 PM
promod, since i dont know exactly what happend i cant add much input. i just hope that everything gets resolved for both parties. as stated above, keep a cool head and act professionally.

Old 09-13-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Miami L
Give it up already. This forum is not about trashing people or spreading lies about anyone. I would like to hope we have all gotten past . If you have an issue with REM you need to take it up with THEM/NOT US and perhaps in court if you think you have a case. This forum is not to serve as a jury as you would want it to be. I have had my L tuned by REM and had several mods added and have been extremely satisfied with my performance. Paul & Tim has been a class act, honest, and lucky to have a "L" performance shop here in South Florida.
call me when you have spent 19000.00 with REM and are still satisfied...500 bucks doesnt qualify....anyone can burn a chip and add a filter...consider yourself lucky....If I can save 1 person on this forum in making a more carefull choice , and dealing with a vendor more carefully, by way of legfal means this post will be served, one day this can even benefit you....

Last edited by promodlightning; 09-13-2003 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Lightbulb sigh....

As much as it PAINS me to type this....

Maybe contact Frank & Beans' for advice, or something.

Quick Reply: How can I get a vendor to reimburse me for damages they caused