Lightning

Am I going crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I going crazy?

I have a 2003 Lightning that I bought brand new. So I've had this truck for many many years. And I've detailed the crap out of it. Many times. Yet, I have NEVER noticed the TOGGLE switch below the steering wheel on the right side in the little compartment that I sometimes put my cell phone in. It has no label either so I have no idea what it goes to. Any thoughts what it is for???

Old 07-07-2016, 04:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh crap! Now I am going to have to look for one on my XLT V-6.

I have no idea, but I don't think it is stock. Maybe an anti theft cut off of some kind. If you figure it out let us know................I hate mysteries.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by jgger
Oh crap! Now I am going to have to look for one on my XLT V-6.

I have no idea, but I don't think it is stock. Maybe an anti theft cut off of some kind. If you figure it out let us know................I hate mysteries.
It does appear as if it might be aftermarket in a way but I bought this truck NEW.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Flip it then try to start the truck, see if anything does or doesn't happen?????

My 03 XLT V-6 does not have anything there. Nitrous switch maybe hehehe!

Old 07-08-2016, 01:04 AM
My 06 King Ranch SCREW had a Ford labeled aftermarket remote start/lock system on it with a little push button reset on it. Danged thing started acting up, so I had it taken out. Sounds kind of like what you may have, but with a toggle switch. I don't know if the original owner had the thing installed, or if the dealer just did it as a selling point.

Anyway, I'm glad it's gone, cause I got tired of having to reset the thing about every other time I wanted to go someplace.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:26 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by AA_Expert
I have a 2003 Lightning that I bought brand new. So I've had this truck for many many years. And I've detailed the crap out of it. Many times. Yet, I have NEVER noticed the TOGGLE switch below the steering wheel on the right side in the little compartment that I sometimes put my cell phone in. It has no label either so I have no idea what it goes to. Any thoughts what it is for???
you bought it brand new?

who worked on the truck??

I love the pics you posted of the switches

Old 07-14-2016, 11:16 AM
I had a new stereo put in it a couple months back. They must have put it there for some reason so I'll have to run back the the store and find out if they put the toggle switch there and what it is for. It blows that they would drill on under my dash without asking permission. Like I said before I bought the truck new 13 years ago and I detail it like crazy so I find it very odd that toggle switch could have been there for so long and me not notice it.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
you bought it brand new?

who worked on the truck??

I love the pics you posted of the switches

Old 07-22-2016, 09:00 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by AA_Expert
I had a new stereo put in it a couple months back. They must have put it there for some reason so I'll have to run back the the store and find out if they put the toggle switch there and what it is for. It blows that they would drill on under my dash without asking permission. Like I said before I bought the truck new 13 years ago and I detail it like crazy so I find it very odd that toggle switch could have been there for so long and me not notice it.
are you on some medication?

Old 07-25-2016, 01:07 AM
Ignition kill switch?

Old 08-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Nah, no medication.

Found out the the stereo installation guy took liberty to install a toggle switch that allows the dvd player and all the functions of the phone to work while the truck is moving. I dislike the idea that he drilled without asking me first but am happy that the toggle switch is way out of the way in an obscure spot.

Of course they could have mentioned this to me as well when they did it so I knew what it was. lol

Quick Reply: Am I going crazy?