Lightning

Horn Chirp and Okole Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horn Chirp and Okole Seat Covers

Anyone know how to program the '03 L so that when you click the key fob's lock button your lights flash AND you hear a horn chirp? Please provide detailed instr.. 8-)

Anyone have OKOLE neoprene seat covers on their 99 or newer L? Did you have to remove seats to do the install?

Thanks for your input! Bill in NY

Old 05-19-2003, 09:12 AM
I believe that if you press the lock button a second time within a second after the first time you will hear the horn chirp.

Old 05-19-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by 01Lightning
I believe that if you press the lock button a second time within a second after the first time you will hear the horn chirp.
Thanks for your reply.....
My last 2 trucks could be easily programmed so one click on fob and lights and chirp occurred.. ?? Anyone else know how?

Old 05-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Wet Okales ......No Seat removal required

Old 05-19-2003, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No seat removal needed here too. But if you drink brews, have plently available
Large hands need not apply

Old 05-19-2003, 11:24 AM
Yes, if you hit that lock button twice, it should do a *beep* and lights flash I think. I keep pressing till I hear the beep when I lock it up.

Also, those seat covers. I seen the 'Lightning' labeled ones in STL. Very awesome looking. I want to pick up a set. Anyone know where to get them? Roughly the price? And Vinnie, that middle counsole, I'm assuming thats out of a Expedition ? I think the guy at STL that I asked said it was from a 2000 or earlier will fit? My only question, I have to get new seats? My passanger side is connected to the middle seat. Or is this where you 'cut your seat' ? Its a 1999. And the seat covers I wanted from Okales, those are for the stock seats correct?

Old 05-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by wildneg
Yes, if you hit that lock button twice, it should do a *beep* and lights flash I think. I keep pressing till I hear the beep when I lock it up.

Also, those seat covers. I seen the 'Lightning' labeled ones in STL. Very awesome looking. I want to pick up a set. Anyone know where to get them? Roughly the price? And Vinnie, that middle counsole, I'm assuming thats out of a Expedition ? I think the guy at STL that I asked said it was from a 2000 or earlier will fit? My only question, I have to get new seats? My passanger side is connected to the middle seat. Or is this where you 'cut your seat' ? Its a 1999. And the seat covers I wanted from Okales, those are for the stock seats correct?
Well, I just ordered the OKOLE neoprene seat covers direct from OKOLE. http://www.wetokole.com. They are custom made to fit my '03 L which has the 60/40 seat with armrest. I got light gray with black sides. Got the Lightning logo in black. Total shipped was about $300+- to include shipping. By the way, for those in the military, Okole will give you a 10% discount but they do have you fax them a copy of your current military ID. As for the seat coverss I have heard they fit great and hold up/wear well. My sons and I do alot of ATV riding in the Summer so I decided seat covers were a good idea. $300+- is not a bad investment / insurance. I found " the sales guy "Sergio" to be pleasant and helpful. He does not work on commission so he offers no pressure to buy and takes his time figuring out waht is best for you. As for the L, he can fit new and older versions, just be sure to be very clear your year and seat configuration as well as colors you want.. I will post here in a couple of weeks about how I like or dislike the covers. My guess is I will like. Oh, they said the install of the seat covers can be done without removal of the seats. Bill in NY
p.s. Come on somebody, tell me how to program that key fobe for single press locks doors, flashes lights and chirps the friggin horn.. ho, ho, ho..........

Old 05-19-2003, 04:37 PM
I have the seat covers and love em.. they are very comfy.. they also protect the seats from just about everything.. they are not the easiest install but be patient and take your time...
on the key fob, I have an aftermarket alarm system and I use those fobs instead..
good luck
Dana

Old 05-19-2003, 06:49 PM
I got my Wet Okoles a couple months back and I love 'em. Way, waaaay nicer then my last set from The Ford Collection, but also more pricey. No seat removal necessary. Took me about an hour to install and get them just the way I wanted them.

Old 05-28-2003, 09:02 PM
Wet OKole Hawaii Custom Neoprene Seat Covers

Originally posted by billarf
Well, I just ordered the OKOLE neoprene seat covers direct from OKOLE. http://www.wetokole.com. They are custom made to fit my '03 L which has the 60/40 seat with armrest. I got light gray with black sides. Got the Lightning logo in black. Total shipped was about $300+- to include shipping. By the way, for those in the military, Okole will give you a 10% discount but they do have you fax them a copy of your current military ID. As for the seat coverss I have heard they fit great and hold up/wear well. My sons and I do alot of ATV riding in the Summer so I decided seat covers were a good idea. $300+- is not a bad investment / insurance. I found " the sales guy "Sergio" to be pleasant and helpful. He does not work on commission so he offers no pressure to buy and takes his time figuring out waht is best for you. As for the L, he can fit new and older versions, just be sure to be very clear your year and seat configuration as well as colors you want.. I will post here in a couple of weeks about how I like or dislike the covers. My guess is I will like. Oh, they said the install of the seat covers can be done without removal of the seats. Bill in NY
p.s. Come on somebody, tell me how to program that key fobe for single press locks doors, flashes lights and chirps the friggin horn.. ho, ho, ho..........

Well, my Wet OKole Seat Covers arrived today 10 days after ordering them. Product was nicely packed and there were instruction sheets regarding install, maintenance, etc.. It took an hour to install them. No seat removal or special tools necessary. Only mishap I had was a nice cut on my finger (no sutures necessary) while installing the first cover. Damn metal slides under seat are very sharp. (A tip I found after the cut is to wear a pair of surgical gloves -latex gloves- during the install as your hands slip over the neoprene easily when tucking them in, etc.) Anyway, an hour and yes I broke a sweat getting them on. Trying to squeeze big hands under seats to fasten the tie down straps was the hardest part. The Okoles fit like a glove, a perfectly fitting glove. Look great, feel terrific and so much protection for the stock seats. The Okoles look like they were/are factory seat coverings. When you get an aftermarket product like this you don't feel so bad dropping the bucks. I can't say I found a single problem, something I did not like about the covers. Now, time will tell how much I like the covers on the long haul so to speak. Oh, I got the black outer with the gray inner panels and the "Lightning" graphic. The complete 60/40 seat is covered as well as the stock center console. YES, you can still open and clost the console as the console cover is a two piece deal and the console cover release is accessible and again consoles can open and close as it did uncovered. As for smell........ yup, they smell like neoprene and it is not at all a bad smell though different then the factory new smell. Have had a few people see and sit on them and ALL comments were very positive.

Last edited by billarf; 05-28-2003 at 09:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Horn Chirp and Okole Seat Covers