Lightning

Oil in intake with breather installed??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 01:15 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Start a new thread and be as descriptive as you can instead of bringing ancient threads back from the dead.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 04-11-2019, 09:53 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Diego Martinez
What can I do for this oil getting sucked in intake

welcome to 1999

’03-‘04 cobra pcv valve, and the rest of the required maintenance

Old 04-21-2019, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil in intake?

Originally Posted by Diego Martinez
What can I do for this oil getting sucked in intake
do you have a bigger lower pulley? Or smaller upper? When you change boost or even stock boost under hard driving you can suck oil up out of the valve cover into the intake. So you need to install a breather on drivers side, then plug the bottom on the intake snorkel, & oil catch can/oil separater on passenger side. You may also need/want to delete the EGR valve not 💯 mine was already gone when I bought it.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:32 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by 02f150HDModded
do you have a bigger lower pulley? Or smaller upper? When you change boost or even stock boost under hard driving you can suck oil up out of the valve cover into the intake. So you need to install a breather on drivers side, then plug the bottom on the intake snorkel, & oil catch can/oil separater on passenger side. You may also need/want to delete the EGR valve not 💯 mine was already gone when I bought it.

no no no

whatever in the ricer that was just suggested is entirely the wrong way for the wrong reasons to even try

Old 04-23-2019, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
no no no

whatever in the ricer that was just suggested is entirely the wrong way for the wrong reasons to even try
yes yes yes, I don't have a ricer. It is the correct thing to do! When you have a SC it can suck oil though the PVC into the intake. so you delete the PVC on drivers side. put an oil separater on the passenger side so it collects the oil stopping it from being sucked in. Or if you're worried about emissions put oil separater on both sides, between the PVC & intake. Yes yes yes ho on some lightning forums or anything with a SC.

Quick Reply: Oil in intake with breather installed??