Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

WANTED: Projector Beam HID Headlights in 2005 L

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WANTED: Projector Beam HID Headlights in 2005 L

I put some xenarcs in my truck yesterday. Thse HID's compared to stock lights is as if the truck never had any headlights at all.

I think a nice option to differentiate the L would be a set of projector beam HID headlights. My DAd's BMW has projector beam headlights and they really amke the most out of HID, by optimizing the beam pattern, having a sharp cutoff, and getting rid of hotspots. Looking at the headlight design on the new F150, it would not be difficult at all for them to put a projector beam HID in the low beam reflectors place.

Who's with me?

Old 04-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Not me, I only lead, never follow

Besides I want two sets of HIDS in the new truck, heads and fogs, with fogs that don't suck *** like the ones we have now. Ouch sounds like your idea just got 0wn3d.

-Patrick

Old 04-14-2004, 09:03 PM
PLEASE POST A NIGHT PIC!!!

Directly in front if possible.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, my fogs are projector beams anyway.

Old 04-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Tim if you don't mind me asking which lamp set did you use for your fog's. Thanks Artie

Old 04-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Im not sure about everyone esle but i couldnt see it getting any better than silverstars in the heads and fogs for a factory ford vehicle but hey we can dream. I have them in my L and im constantly getting flashed at by people thinkng im bright lighting them. If they wont put the HId's in there then they could at least put us some silverstars in there.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:38 AM
The question is, do you want HID projector beam lights in the 05L or not, it is not what you thinkof silverstars or APc projector beams.

Silverstars suck BTW, I had them and it was barely better than stock. Mostly it just looked whiter, doesnt make any REAL difference in lighting.

EDIT: If you are constantly getting flashed that means your headlights are aimed wrong. Get it fixed.

Last edited by MISTERgadget; 04-15-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by LatemodelRacer2
Im not sure about everyone esle but i couldnt see it getting any better than silverstars in the heads and fogs for a factory ford vehicle but hey we can dream. I have them in my L and im constantly getting flashed at by people thinkng im bright lighting them. If they wont put the HId's in there then they could at least put us some silverstars in there.
It's probably not the lights. Most likely your lights aren't aimed correctly. I know when I lowered the rear of mine I got flashed alot. Just a few turns down on the adjustment screw was all that was needed.

Old 04-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
The question is, do you want HID projector beam lights in the 05L or not, it is not what you thinkof silverstars or APc projector beams.

Silverstars suck BTW, I had them and it was barely better than stock. Mostly it just looked whiter, doesnt make any REAL difference in lighting.

EDIT: If you are constantly getting flashed that means your headlights are aimed wrong. Get it fixed.
I was merely saying that if they dont put projectors int he 05 that silerstars would be a good substitute. Im for projectors but doubt itll happen

Quick Reply: WANTED: Projector Beam HID Headlights in 2005 L