F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   King Ranch (https://www.f150online.com/forums/king-ranch-79/)
-   -   ¿f250 Kr? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/king-ranch/82974-f250-kr.html)

Skagel 07-08-2002 10:48 AM

¿f250 Kr?

I went to the "Downriver Dream Cruise" this weekend and saw a disturbing site. It was a black '01 F250 4X4 with KR badges on it's fenders and tailgate. Since it was acrossed the street I couldn't get a look at it's interior, but it was deffinately an '01 F250. I wish I could have gotten a picture, but I didn't have my camera and never saw the truck again. Oh well, but it wasn't a diesel anyways not sure if it was a v8 or a v10.....couldn't see that far.

JDMnAR 07-08-2002 10:52 AM

Rumor has it that there will be an '03 F250 KR, but I haven't seen anything official confirming it.

Skagel 07-08-2002 10:57 AM

yeah me too, but this was deffinately an '01 F250 that had been re-badged. I wanted to go give the guy the 3rd degree about it (Daveman Knows how I am about this), but never saw the truck again.

Rockpick 07-08-2002 11:00 AM

Sounds like Skagel should've made a trip across the street to see what was on the other side! :) Nah, really, it doesn't suprise me (especially after seeing the King Ranch tour guide's truck). The badges are available fairly readily and if someone wanted to mod one out, it's pretty easy (with the exception of the interior of course).

I've heard the rumors that Ford will offer a SuperDuty with KR trim as well. I haven't been able to confirm that however, I do happen to reside in the town that makes the SuperDuty as well as the Excursions (most of them). I have a couple of contacts that actually work at the Kentucky Truck Plant. I'll run some questions by them and see if I can drag any info out of those fellas and see if they've heard any of the 'down-lo' on a possible KR SuperDoody. ;)

Also, Skagel (sidenote) - I bought some Fibings 4-Way this past weekend at the Tractor Supply Store. Upon initial investigation, I'd swear the stuff is the same as the Lexol. Smells the same, looks the same, same texture, etc. I plan on conditioning later this week and thus, I'll keep you posted. I know it's good stuff if you're using it...

RP :D

Skagel 07-08-2002 11:07 AM

yeah ahuh ya forgot to add at about 1/8 the cost of the Lexol.....sorry it is the financial analyst in me.:D

Rockpick 07-09-2002 08:25 AM

I think the SUPER DUTY KR has been confirmed... read the other thread.

I'm wondering if you saw one of the **FIRST** King Ranch Supers. It could've been real.

You sure it was an 01 or 02?

RP :D

Skagel 07-09-2002 08:30 AM

It is possible that I may be wrong on the year of the F250, but ask Daveman, he knows I know my F-series like a mother knows her child. It is all in the little details us women notice and guys are clueless on.:p

pkagel 07-09-2002 09:46 AM

now our goal is to talk my wife out of the toyota and into the kranch f250 diesel when we move to texas.

Lenticular 07-09-2002 10:01 AM

So...you comin' to live in a proper State then ?!!

Skagel 07-09-2002 10:04 AM

Wooohooo....pkagel is gonna get a Diesel KR.....I will assist you in talking her into the KR just let me know. Let her know that Joe would be glad to give you an "X" plan to assist you into persuading her towards the KR.

pkagel 07-09-2002 03:15 PM

don't even think that it would be that easy to get her to go with ford rather than toyota, she is quite in love with them. x plan be damned, we must make her fall in love with ford trucks somehow which will be hard since my lightning was in the shop so much she thinks they are all pieces of junk.

Skagel 07-09-2002 03:22 PM

well, as the rest of us KR owners will tell you......"It is all about the leather" just let her sit in one, drive it around, she will fall in love with the leather.....I know I did and I absolutely hated Fords.....and I didn't even like trucks....just look at me now......my Tomas has become a Dietey.....(sorry Lenny I can't spell that word) Also let her hang out in this forum for a while and she will find us to be a bunch of crazies that she has to become apart of.....heck we already know she likes crazy people.....she married a Kagel.;)

pkagel 07-09-2002 04:03 PM

why don't you actually put some miles on your truck and drive out here and let her toodle around in it for a while???

Skagel 07-10-2002 08:36 AM

LOL, ya right you are funny.....me, alone, driving acrossed the country in that truck.

pkagel 07-10-2002 09:42 AM

easy, go south for a while and turn right and go till you hit water. maybe you'd even be able to put more that 100 miles on that truck, LOL!!!