F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   King Ranch (https://www.f150online.com/forums/king-ranch-79/)
-   -   Anybody have problems getting KR specific parts? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/king-ranch/69011-anybody-have-problems-getting-kr-specific-parts.html)

MikeF150 03-04-2002 08:35 AM

bcisadouch

;)

Rockpick 03-04-2002 10:10 AM

Luckily, I haven't had to have anything replaced that is KR specific thus far... the only thing (which I thought would be simplistic) was one of the tie down hooks in the bed of the truck. They gave me fits ordering this thing! It somehow was sheared off when I loaded my grill in the truck... thankfully, they offered to bite the bullet and put it under warranty.

Skagel 03-04-2002 10:41 AM

yes i had to waite almost 3 months for my tailgate badge which was supposed to come on my '02, but didn't. I think because they make so few of these trucks they don't really keep a warehouse w/ the spare/replacement parts.

dufunnel 03-04-2002 04:48 PM

Nobody in the parts or service departments has any experience with the King Ranch's. I have had mine into service and parts three times, and each time all the service advisors ask what my truck is. Keep in mind that the dealer I go to is the largest Ford dealer in the Southeast, so you would think they know something more than the smaller dealers. Nope.... I don't get parts through the dealer unless I absolutely have to, like for warranty service. It did take almost a month for them to get my lumbar support in though, as it is different than the regular bucket seats, so yes, it is hard to get these parts. The warehouses don't often have them.

acbell 03-04-2002 09:55 PM

When we took delivery, the clip that holds the drivers armrest piece down, the one with all the window controls, was broken. Said they would have to order another one, well that was Jan 15 and I'm still waiting.

dufunnel 03-04-2002 10:13 PM

That one shouldn't be KR specific. All the Lariat Supercrews with the Parchment interior have that same piece. Very odd on that one.

Rockpick 03-04-2002 10:26 PM

Yeah acbell, I'd raise some h-e- double hockey sticks about that one. That shouldn't be a tough part to come by. Sounds like you're getting the run around. Parade into the dealership and yell at some managers. Remind them that you droped a cool 30K plus and that you would like a clip. :)

cyberhiker 03-05-2002 01:30 AM

It's not just the KR's (I have the Lariat screw) my dealer had to order the drivers mirror 3 times to get it right and on the last attemt they broke the plastic part of the door arm rest ... ordered that twice (first time it was the wrong color) ... lets see the biggest hassle was the underbody lighting they spent months on end telling me it would be late avalibilty or the part number is not in the computer system , went to another dealer had the part number in 2 minutes, went back to my dealer gave them the number (which was written on another dealers card) and they still got it wrong , swore up and down that was not the right number ! Needless to say I went back to the other dealer and had what I wanted within the week ! ... oh yeah , the bed rails the Ford accessories catalog shows for the supercrew is not the ones in the picture (it's some kind of clamp on wal-mart looking cheap crap) ... oh , and they didn't even know what a bumper plug insert was , I had to go out on the lot and take one off an Explorer to show them and of course they can't find that in the computer ! so I go out of my way back to the other dealer and get what I want within a week ! oh yeah lets not forget the radiator issue ... mine was shipped from the factory on 2 Jan 02 they said 5 working days ( I knew better than to believe that ) I gave them almost 3 weeks after that I called them every day and stopped by there every other day just to cause a scene ! well after almost 5 weeks they get it ... I bring the truck in to have it replaced , next day I get a call telling me it was damaged and they need to reorder ... 2 days later I get a call saying it was in ... WHAT ! 5 weeks for the first order , 2 days for the reorder ? I was told this was someone elses radiator and that they would give them my radiator when it came in ! so I'm sure they just started jerking someone else around ... Lakesands , gardrail , I hope you guys didn't go through Fairway Ford , because I got your radiator ... hope you got mine by now .

bottom line is some dealers , parts dept, service dept , and customer service dept's are just a bunch of clowns !

kemtooler 03-08-2002 11:06 AM

Part number for KR Tailgate emblem?

I would certainly Appreciate if someone could provide the part number for the Tailgate KR Emblem. My local ford place thinks I'm FOS.
Thanks for your help,
RW:confused:

dufunnel 03-08-2002 12:42 PM

I will get it for you when I get home from work today. It took awhile to get the actual part number, but I do have the right one.

dufunnel 03-08-2002 06:11 PM

Part number I believe is 2L3Z-1842528-AAA. $25.99 through www.fordpartsnetwork.com . It takes awhile to get in though. Backordered for quite some time.

DAVEMAN 03-08-2002 08:41 PM

My dealer had to order my bumper pads three times before Ford finially figured out that the plastic trim pieces on the edges of the bed and on top of the bumper are a special color for the KRs.

rdh 03-11-2002 02:08 AM

Originally posted by acbell
When we took delivery, the clip that holds the drivers armrest piece down, the one with all the window controls, was broken. Said they would have to order another one, well that was Jan 15 and I'm still waiting.
I was just browsing to see what the "upper crust" has to say about their KR's and took notice of this problem. My 2002 XLT (sorry, but that was all I could afford) was delivered at the end of Sept. 2001 with the broken clip also. It was embarrassing to open the door since the clip had a fluorescent sticker on the broken portion which was the first thing seen when the door was opened. The service advisor initially said that they probably had it in stock. I was skeptical so I made him go check; sure enough, they didn't. It would seem like something they should be able to get in a couple of days. A month later, they called and said they finally got the part in. I left my pickup for the day to find out that it was not fixed when I picked it up. The part they got in had room for two windows and obviously was not for a SuperCrew. I asked about getting one off the lot but they refused. Approximately one month later they still didn't have the part. Fortunately I didn't have to throw a hissy fit but they pulled one out of a pickup on the lot, so I still don't actually know how long it would have taken had I waited for the ordered part to come in. Totally ridiculous.

acbell 03-13-2002 11:18 AM

Well, they finally got the part in to replace the front of the armrest, so my wife takes it in yesterday. Well, in the process of trying get get the old one out, they damaged the center armrest piece next to it!!! Now they are going to order that as well and who knows how long that will take. Are these guys hiring monkeys to do the work now? You'd think they'd be a little more careful.

Rockpick 03-13-2002 01:12 PM

Geesh AC, sounds like you need to find yourself a new dealership. I think that it's not only housed with monkies that work on the vehicles, it's managed and run by their cousins.