F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   King Ranch (https://www.f150online.com/forums/king-ranch-79/)
-   -   Can this share parking space with my KR ? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/king-ranch/67797-can-share-parking-space-my-kr.html)

Lenticular 02-23-2002 09:27 AM

Can this share parking space with my KR ?

It's been on informal order for 3 years, now I have had to put money down and still wait over 2 years !

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...-864-10575.jpg

pkagel 02-23-2002 09:55 AM

yea, i guess it can share the garage with the kranch. is that a new austin or better, what is that sweet car?

Lenticular 02-23-2002 10:35 AM

"Austin"?

Blimey mate, yer older that I thought you were !!

No, 'fraid not .

Will post an answer when a few more have had a look, unless someone unintentionally lets the cat out of the bag ...ahem!

MikeF150 02-23-2002 11:42 AM

;)

Lenticular 02-23-2002 11:56 AM

Oh, No, No, No No !!

That KR is staying with me...It's in the US, and I was only speaking metaphorically about sharing space...unfortunately there will be about 3000 miles of Atlantic between them.
It is possible that one day I may bring the KR back to the UK, but most unlikely the ****** will make the reverse trip.
Your type approval makes importing a vehicle that was specifically designed for a foreign market (Especially RH drive) very difficult.

In time this particular model will be built for the US market where it will be a big seller, especially with the US owned parent company.

MikeF150 02-23-2002 12:46 PM

;)

Rockpick 02-23-2002 12:50 PM

Hey Lent,

Mikef150 has a charcoal colored KR too.... hrrm... think he'll let us try our "HAIL CONTROL" experiment on his? :)

Lenticular 02-23-2002 01:02 PM

Mike F 150....

Check your E Mail !!

Rockpick...

Anyone's truck will do....I just have that urge to throw some rocks at a truck.

I'll even use some of my precious geological specimens!

(Some desert rose would make some quite decent dings !)

Rockpick 02-23-2002 01:09 PM

Lent,

I already commited to not throwing gypsum. A desert rose is basically gypsum crystals (with some slight inconsistancies).

Okay kids, it's time for your science lesson...

Desert rose is a mineral formed by gypsum crystals. The name 'desert rose' refers to its shape and occurrence. The shape of these gypsum crystals resembles the leaves of a rose. It occurs in deserts in North Africa and the US (mainly arrid desert regions with abundant gypsum).

The chemical formula for gypsum is CaSO4.2H2O (hydrated calcium sulphate). (and before someone questions me on the chemical forumula (Lent) yes, I remembered this one from college. I think it's correct...

That concludes today's science lesson...

Lenticular 02-23-2002 01:46 PM

Wuuuheeeyyyyy!

I hope that Dufunnell guy reprimands you for getting too heavy !!

I got my samples from the edge of the Sahara while visiting Tunisia....

So there

Ya Boo Sucks !!!

(I'd put a smiley here but I still can't figure out how to do it!
I click on the little beggars at the side of the page and they just turn into scribble )

Lightning the wings 02-23-2002 01:50 PM

Is it a Vanguish?
John

Lenticular 02-23-2002 02:43 PM

I wish !!!!

Now that's a car...The Aston Martin Vanquish.

Unfortunately the Aston costs about £250.000 ($300K)

This car looks a million dollars but should sell for about £30K
($40K)

pkagel 02-23-2002 03:43 PM

so i guess with it's previous company it had horid lucas electrical and cloth covered wires and maybe a big silver cat for a hood ornament, hmm, am i correct???

Lenticular 02-23-2002 04:01 PM

Yes.....I will concede that you have the make right...
(Letting the CAT out of the bag was a pretty hefty clue though)

But how about the actual model designation?

Now this Lucas business.

I have owned British cars since the early 60's many with Lucas fittings.
Not until quite recently participating in another general forum for one of my other interests did I ever realise that
"Prince of Darkness" was the US version of the name Lucas.

As I explained to that (US) forum we kept all the good Lucas stuff for ourselves over here....we never had ANY problems.

We sent all the seconds over to the States as we felt that it would be hands on learning for you as you were so obviously so deficient in automotive design and development.

(Still can't use those smilies)

Lenticular 02-23-2002 04:12 PM

Mike F150

Hey Mikey...be careful....you're so sharp you'll cut yourself!

I must have been half asleep earlier on when you posted the comment about flying over my head....quite right it did.

Very clever ....the Ex KR bit.....I think you should script write for Frasier.

I can see I will have to keep my wits about me.

I think the XK designation will not form part of the model name...rather like the S Type which is not of course the XK-S.

Anyway we better shut up about this topic before someone (Guess who) reminds me that it is for TRUCKS !