King Ranch

Weather Techs

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather Techs

Hi all. Just a quick question. I recently got myself a 2015 KR after having a 2005 KR. I recently bought a set of Weathertechs for the 2015. My one "problem" is that they cover up half the door sill plate that has the king ranch logo and words on it. I was wondering if anyone has trimmed theirs to fit so you could see the entire door sill plate? It looks like I should be able to follow the line easily enough and I wouldn't be cutting into the water lip protector edge so i think it might be doable?? Thank you.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your better off leaving it they protect the sill plates form getting scratched. IMAO Dan

Old 02-17-2019, 05:43 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Sure. Cut it up all that you want. After you cut it, it won't work as designed. But you paid for the truck to have that logo. And if seeing the logo is more important than protecting the carpet; it's your truck. That lip is what keeps water, snow, rain, slush, in the liner, so that you can remove it and dump it. Without the lip, everything would just spill and get trapped under the liner, to contaminate your carpet. What you have in mind is about as effective as having a pot with a hole in the bottom, so that the flames can reach in and warm the food faster.

Quick Reply: Weather Techs