King Ranch

2014 Seats showing abnormal wear

Old 05-13-2016, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Seats showing abnormal wear

Well... What I think is abnormal wear anyway...

There's a grapefruit sized area on the drivers side backrest where the finish on the leather is cracking (not all the way through... just the surface). It's still under warranty... I took it to the dealer about 6 months ago and they put conditioner on it (the spot was about 1/3 the size then). I then bought the king ranch leather conditioner and applied it. It continued to get larger. I took it back to the dealer two weeks ago and, they took a picture and sent it to Ford. Their answer was "use the conditioner and it will go away". Well - that hasn't been happening.

I would think the leather would wear evenly... All the rest of the interior (except for a strip on the passenger seat which is now doing the same thing - and, I rarely have anyone in the truck) looks new. Just this spot and, now the passenger seat.

My question is - what is considered normal wear on these seats?? The spots that are wearing get no additional "rubbing" or, anything of the sort. And the conditioner is doing a thing to remedy it.

I have a picture but can't figure out how to attach it. If this isn't expected I want to get on Ford to deal with it.

Many thanks!

Bill

Old 09-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill, I have a 2011 King Ranch and had similar problems with my passenger seat, which started about 2 years after purchase. Last week, I was at my local Ford dealership (not where I originally purchased) for something unrelated, and was chatting with the service coordinator. He tells me that KR seats have had chronic issues with this kind of premature wear, unlike many other Ford truck seats. Unfortunately for me, that means I'll need to find someplace which can refinish my seats. It's a shame given these are sold as 'upgraded' leather, but clearly don't last.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Seats showing abnormal wear