King Ranch

KR replacement leather

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KR replacement leather

does anyone know if I can purchase a kit from ford or someone else so that I can change out cloth seats in an xlt. thanks for any info.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by LightningSuperD
does anyone know if I can purchase a kit from ford or someone else so that I can change out cloth seats in an xlt. thanks for any info.
Apart from your thread header its not clear exactly what you want to achieve.

Assuming you want KR leather then the definite answer is NO. There is no 'kit' to make such a change.
You would have to look on EBay or whatever for a complete KR interior, from a wreck etc.
That would not be cheap at all and even then would depend on the configuration of the seats in your truck and the ones from the KR since there were several variations.

If I were you I would just change the complete truck !!

Much less aggravation and might not be much more expensive, especially if you are talking about an earlier model.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Naturally, the KR interior can be had through your local stealership or a parts house but, as Lenticular has alluded, the seats are different than what are in the XLT and even the Lariat. The foam-base within the seats themselves are much more firm and much more supportive to disallow the stretching of the leather.

In short, while you could buy the leather back and leather bottoms for your truck, I don't think it's going to work because of the difference in the foam.

Sorry.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Interesting info. Never knew the KR seats had stiffer foam base over the Lariat or XLT.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:08 AM
thanks for the info

Quick Reply: KR replacement leather