King Ranch

Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!

Old 07-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally did the Spa Treatment and Leather CPR and my seats look amazing!

I cant believe the difference it made!

Also used some stuff called Leather Honey that really made them soft and nice as well.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 PM
I do the spa treatment 1-2 times per year. I also have GTCovers on my truck pretty much year round now due to my kids and dog and going to the ranch so often.

I still remove the seat covers at least each QTR and treat the seats.

I would NEVER get an iron even close to my seats.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 PM
First off, I must thank you for putting this all together... I picked up a used KR interior to transplant into my 04 Expedition... I have read through the thread, and used Leather CPR on the suggestion of many members... The seats are 110% better, however I still have some soiling from body oils (lower back area and LH bottom edge) on the Driver's seat, that appear darker than the rest of the seats. The center armrest also had some of this, but the Spa treatment helped a lot.

Would Leather Masters Degreaser be effective on those spots, or is it not safe for the KR leather? The seats look GREAT, but with those darker spots cleaned, they'd look nearly new. The Leather Masters Degreaser "dissolves" the oil, and then wipes off.. I just don't want to destroy the seats by aiming for perfection.

I have also heard of the Leather Masters Foam Cleaner, however wasn't sure if the Degreaser would be best for my application? I will then apply some more Leather CPR, as it made the seats SUPER soft.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm not sure why many still want to "re-invent the wheel"? There really is no magic potion that will get the seats showroom clean. It takes some elbow grease, and time to get that dirt, sweat, oils etc., out of them. That's many years of grime built up on/in them, it's not going to come out with just a simple spray. The "Spa Treatment" is probably your best bet. If I'm wrong, and your Leather Masters Foam Cleaner works, by all means post some pics and let us all see this shortcut.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Yikes. Thanks for your feedback, Timberdoodles.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
I have an 03 KR and it appears the original owner did not really care for the seats (seems a common trend for used KR). So far I have done the spa treatment (plan on doing it again), used Leather CPR twice, and the KR conditioner three times. Of note, I have had the truck for four weeks now.

My question is, will the leather ever become “soft” (or at least softer) again or are my efforts in vain trying to make my seats similar to the rears? Yes I am patent and have no issues conditioning my seats over the next couple months, but….

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Old 11-08-2012, 04:07 PM
I have purchased a 2013 King Ranch, and love it! I have read everyone's recommendations. The top of the 2013s have a rough leather crown to them differant than the rest of the seat. Has anybody used anything on their 2013 yet? And if so what type of results did you have? I'm afraid if you use something on it that it will darken and change the appearance.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 PM
It looks like the 13 interior is identical to the 12 KR that bought in May. I just treated my seats with the King Ranch Leather conditioner. I was somewhat worried how it would turn out, but after letting them dry, they look great and are rich in color.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:15 AM
I tried the baby oil thing for cleaning and it left a very dark stain where i used it. Not sure where I went wrong but kinda pissed. I've conditioned the seats to death trying to blend that dark stain to no avail. Just a warning and/or request for help

Old 11-23-2012, 12:16 AM
But I will say I bought my 08 at 18k miles and I have taken care of the seats and they are still soft. I think you can get the color back easier than you can the softness

Old 11-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by zhartman
I tried the baby oil thing for cleaning and it left a very dark stain where i used it. Not sure where I went wrong but kinda pissed. I've conditioned the seats to death trying to blend that dark stain to no avail. Just a warning and/or request for help
I hope you didn't actually mean "Baby Oil". People have used baby shampoo, which is a very mild cleanser, to clean the leather, but "Oil" would leave all that residue in the leather. If you used "oil", try some "shampoo" to see if you can get the stain out. Don't rub it, just use the "Spa Treatment". Rubbing it roughens up the leather and it turns out like suede. Good luck

Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Well, my KR leather was in great shape for an '05 F250 with 139,000 miles. It was dry (very light) but no major dark areas, except for a bit of dark on the driver side arm rest.

I purchased the product below at a Western shop, who said it worked great with KR leather. It also came with a mild cleaner. I cleaned the leather, no issues.

Then I put this conditioner on. At first it was OK, but then it started darkening up alot. I applied it with my hand. Did I over-apply it?

The back seats are not quite as dark as the front, and there are sections of the front seat that are not quite dark (the side is normal color).

Also, it was about 40 deg F outside when I did this work yesterday, and now it's around 30. Will that slow the process at which the leather absorbs the conditioner?

The bottle specifically states it will not darken leather.

I found this thread after I did the work, or else I would have gone with the tried products on here.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

EDIT:

Well, apparently I don't have "permission" to post attachments in the forum. I guess that's a major problem these days, people new to forums posting tons of attachments...

The brand is LEATHER THERAPY, and it's the RESTORER AND CONDITIONER. Thanks.

Last edited by MudhenFUF; 01-27-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by MudhenFUF
Well, my KR leather was in great shape for an '05 F250 with 139,000 miles. It was dry (very light) but no major dark areas, except for a bit of dark on the driver side arm rest.

I purchased the product below at a Western shop, who said it worked great with KR leather. It also came with a mild cleaner. I cleaned the leather, no issues.

Then I put this conditioner on. At first it was OK, but then it started darkening up alot. I applied it with my hand. Did I over-apply it?

The back seats are not quite as dark as the front, and there are sections of the front seat that are not quite dark (the side is normal color).

Also, it was about 40 deg F outside when I did this work yesterday, and now it's around 30. Will that slow the process at which the leather absorbs the conditioner?

The bottle specifically states it will not darken leather.

I found this thread after I did the work, or else I would have gone with the tried products on here.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

EDIT:

Well, apparently I don't have "permission" to post attachments in the forum. I guess that's a major problem these days, people new to forums posting tons of attachments...

The brand is LEATHER THERAPY, and it's the RESTORER AND CONDITIONER. Thanks.
As you say it's a pity you didn't see the thread on leather care first, but it happens to us all at times ! (Stable door after the horse etc !)
I would suggest that you applied the conditioner (and maybe the wrong one), at an ambient temperature that was too low.
Just be patient and after a while it will become lighter I'm sure, especially with warmer weather. Even then there are many suggestions for recovering the situation.
I hope you get back to a situation where you are happy with that wonderful leather !

Old 02-12-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm glad to see people still in this thread.
I just purchased an '06 KR last week and I'll be cleaning the leather soon.
The difficult part is deciding which recommended product to use...
Hopefully I remember to take pictures

Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Ok, don't freak out that I am posting on F150OL....LOL

Has anyone tried Optimum Leather Protectant on the Costano leather?

Optimum Leather Protectant

Optimum Leather Protectant is another innovative product from OPT that cleans, restores, and protects leather surfaces, vinyl surfaces, and moldings. Optimum Protectant Plus has a balance of cleaners, penetrating oils, and UV inhibitors that restores the original color of these surfaces, protects against and hides any scratches, and protects against sun damage.

Dries to the touch and isn't greasy.

I bought some for the wife's EXPY and my Pathfinder but wondering if anyone has used it on the Costano leather yet?

Cheers

RR

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!