King Ranch

Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!

Old 06-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well depending upon how bad they are, you may not need to do a "spa treatment" or you may need to do many. If they are not dirty then it is not necessarily needed as that treatment is used to bring the dirt and grime to the surface of the leather.

Pictures would allow us to better determine what steps you would need to take for proper "renewal" of the leather.

Further advice i can offer is use the leather CPR generously...don't be stingy. The more you use, the softer they will feel and healthier they will look. I recommend applying it with your hand and rubbing it around a little leaving a little excess on the surface to soak in. After it has soaked in for a few minutes, use a soft (preferably 100% cotton towel) to buff and remove any excess that was not soaked in. The buffing will also give it a nice sheen.

And finally, have fun, I spend countless hours conditioning my seats every month or so. Crank up some good music, get some good lighting, and just enjoy. The final outcome is worth it

Old 06-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the reply! Leather isn't bad really, and the only place that I can see dirt/grime is on the steering wheel. I'll try to snap some pics tomorrow to post. I haven't conditioned my seats, etc., in about a year and want to make sure they're clean and prepped before I condition them. Then the job will be to do it a few times a year ... as opposed to once a year (which is unacceptable). Thanks for the input - I look forward to getting this done int he upcoming week.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Well then i would just give the steering wheel a good "spa treatment" and make sure its clean and maybe "treat" a few other spots that seem worse than others. Seeing as you don't feel they are too terrible I don't see a reason to do the entire seats. Just get them good and moistened back up.

...and i know what you mean, once a year doesn't cut it. I try to do it once a month. I see way too many used King Ranch's for sale with seats that look like they never saw conditioner a day of their life.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 AM
I'll do that, thanks. Will post some pics tomorrow too. If I've got the spa treatment correct, it's simply placing a towel moistened w/hot water on the area to help draw out the dirt, etc. In the case of the steering wheel I'd wrap it around the wheel for a little bit then remove. Do I have this right?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Correct, and then use a clean, damp towel to clear away any dirt/grime that was brought to the surface.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Ok ive done a lot of research and have just a feq uestions...

When doing spa traetment. Do i need to just sit the towel on the leather and leave it or do i need to squeeze it into the leather(like push on it)????

Leather CPR is probably what we will use(bro is buying a 02 king ranch)

Ive read alot and never found an answer everyone said what they used did not darken the seats so...

What can i use to darken the seats???? becuase these are REALLY light colored, hard, and dirty.

Thanks.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Just set the towel on the area to be treated.

Definitely go with leather CPR for the scheduled conditioning.

Neatsfoot oil may slightly darken the leather,. There are many products that will darken it but they will take away from its original and natural color.

Hope your brother enjoys the King Ranch

Old 07-14-2010, 02:22 AM

whats some other products that will darken it?? these arent the original color anymore they look like the lariat colored seats....

heres the best pic i get get of them when we visited it today.. its not good...

as u can see they are very light and have alot of scuffs and scratches...

Old 07-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BigTruckGuy
whats some other products that will darken it?? these arent the original color anymore they look like the lariat colored seats....

heres the best pic i get get of them when we visited it today.. its not good...

as u can see they are very light and have alot of scuffs and scratches...
They are extremley dry BUT atleast they look pretty clean. Just get some CPR and i would condition them once a week for a couple months. Your never going to get them to the original color unless you go the other route that we talked about. Overall not to bad. I would rather have them light and clean then almost black and dirty! Does the truck have tint on the front windows? If it dont thats the first thing i would do especially be in Oklahoma with the hot temps. Without window tint you are fighting a lost cause, they will stay dry and you will never be able to keep them conditioned

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 07-14-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:04 PM

ya we will use cpr. and no tint everything is stock. but my bro will tint them as soon as he gets the truck.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah, they just need a LOT of conditioner and care as Coy stated. Like he said you're lucky they are just dry and not really dirty. Someone else on here is currently having problems getting their seats that are almost black to clean up and that is a much tougher challenge than you are looking at.

Tint, conditioner, and a little bit of his spare time every week for a few months, and your brother should have them looking pretty good. You can read through this thread if you want. It kind of explains the saddle soap/neatsfoot oil method for dirty seats, but you don't necessarily need to do any cleaning although a quick spa treatment to lift any dirty wouldn't hurt.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/in...ther-help.html

Old 07-15-2010, 02:00 AM

ok il just do the spa and cpr route. he hsant gotten it yet but were still workin on it.
so on the spa do i just let the dirt rise and then condition r whats the whole process? i kind of understand but i kind of dont...

Old 07-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by BigTruckGuy
ok il just do the spa and cpr route. he hsant gotten it yet but were still workin on it.
so on the spa do i just let the dirt rise and then condition r whats the whole process? i kind of understand but i kind of dont...
My process for the spa treatment if you are interested.

I take a MF towel, 12X12 and dip it in the hottest water I can get...wring out and then lay on the section you are gonna clean first. I press it down and allow the heat and moisture to work...this only takes about 30 seconds, then take the same MF and dip back in the water and repeat....you want to open up the leather so its not just lay on and presto, it does take time.....may I suggest a few beers for each seat.

Do one section at a time. For my seats, I know I am doing well when they get darker and you can feel the warmth on the seat surface itself. For me, I use 2 MF's..one is soaking in the hot water while one is sitting on the surface. I rotate them every 20-30 seconds or so until the section gets wet enough...wet enough is, you will know when. Not saturated but wet enough. They get darker for sure in this process. Now, it is up to you how to clean it. My suggestion when using the spa treatment is to put a tea spoon of baby shampoo in the water you are using as the HOT. Each time you rotate the MF's you can "lightly scrub" the area you are wetting. This process acts very similar to using saddle soap but yet gentle enough. You will quickly see how dirty the seats are by the water color as you rotate the MFs.

Does any of this make sense to you?

Once I do the entire seating surface (bottoms) I move on to the backs....after the entire seat has been spa treated, and they are moist....it is time to apply your conditioning cream. Here I use a combo of products. For me, what works (based on my condition, which is different than yours and results will vary) I use Leather Masters conditioner or PB Leather Stuff or KR Conditioner.....I apply a coat by had, very liberally. The next morning I either apply Leather CRP or another coat of any of the above I have mentioned.

Maybe that helps or maybe that doesn't, but based on my seats, that is what I do. The REAR seats on my truck I ONLY apply conditioner, they do not need a spa treatment.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:34 AM

[QUOTE=RollingRock;4278376]may I suggest a few beers for each seat. [QUOTE]

may be 18 but ive had my sharewhat young guy didnt..

No that made perfect since. Thank you. Il do your spa treatment and after just let it sit over night and then apply some CPR the next morning. Should work right? soud good enuf...

Old 09-21-2010, 01:03 PM
My 2006 KR's front seats were a bit rough. Cleaned and applied KR leather conditioner. It works well, but doesn't last long. I ran out of it yesterday and ended up trying a brand called Elmo. I had gotten a kit that had come with the delivery of an aircraft and left it in my garage for the last 5 years. Tried a little in inconspicuous areas, and then the entire driver's seat. Works incredible! Best leather conditioner I've ever used. I just can't find where to buy it... Trying Zymol 301 next...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!