Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Hello Ford Fans

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Ford Fans

I think this area is suppose to be about me, but I'm boring so I will introduce my new King Ranch! Just got a new to me 2007 King SCrewwith 134,00 miles and i bought it over the internet from Texas Car Cafe in Houston. First time buying a vehicle sight unseen... very scary but all went just great. Took about a week to arrive via truck and i am still thrilled with my new King, but I have just had it for about a month.
My old truck was a 1989 F250 Lariat and I decide to "restore" it. I started with the interior and gutted it and put in fresh carpets, rewired everything, repainted everything, added pillar gauges, updated the instrument panels, new stereo and speakers , led lighting for floors and dash, new door panels, visors... pretty much everything but the seat (that would come later).
So next the 351W engine was a bit tired at 86,000 moles, so I had that rebuilt from the crank up ,put on some shorty headers and dual exhausts without the cats, removed ALL the emissions devices and set up so no CEL, upgraded injectors to Borsh, new 8mm wires , Mallory coil, Mallory distributor, 175 vamp alternator, and a Saginaw power steering setup, with the 6liter tuneup, installed a larger radiator, and water pump and replace all the vacuum lines with silicon hoses.
So things seemed good, better look at that body. Well the paint was flaking and hood and areas were rusting, so fools rush in. Started striping parts off the truck and chemically stripping the paint to bare metal..
Three years later the truck is mostly stripped except for the bed, which is off the truck waiting to be stripped. Hood was pretty rough so bought a new hood. Tail gate was too bad to fix so bought a new one. Also bought new headlights, blackout tail lights some running boards, deluxe aftermarket with LED backup lights in it, and all new door and window rubbers.
To my surprise I found NO rust of any consequence and the metal is solid and reasonably straight. No rot anywhere. But wait , I can do more... that body panel seam sealer looks old and dry so it has to go. Pickin' and scraping for a week.
Time to start sanding and then it happens... back will not take the stress of bending over a hot body panel all day. What to do, what to do??
Well, I'll tell you what I did, after three years of it taking my garage space I bought a new (to me) truck! Still have the old girl, nothing has changed and I am looking for a buyer who wants a good project that is almost complete!

But this is suppose to be about my new truck, which needs a few upgrades, are you surprised? But before I get started with that I thought it might be a good idea to check out some information before I start this all over (except for the body work).
So that is why I am here and I have always benefited from the wisdom of those who have been there, done that. I will post some photos in my profile of both my girls and hopefully get my questions answered and maybe find a person who wants a project. Thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoyed my story.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Good to have you here! Hope the new truck is a good one for you. You’ve done a lot to the old one yo just quit now.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Welcome!

Old 12-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Bluejay it's good to know there are places here where I am welcome. Can't finish the old girl due to health issues and just hoping to find her a good home with someone who wants to finish her up. You know if it were a 4x4 I would pay someone to finish her, but seeing as she is a RWD, I would just like to start with a 4x4 to start with.
Thanks again for the welcome!

Old 12-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
That's kind of the way I feel about my current truck. I like that it's simple RWD, but there are times when I want to use it around the house during the spring and fall, but I don't dare take out in my "back 40" as I call it in fear I'd need to get my Kubota or winch to drag it back up to solid ground.

I really wish my truck was 4x4 some times. But it is what it is.

Next truck will be.

Quick Reply: Hello Ford Fans