Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

New member from Kansas

Old 06-22-2018, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from Kansas

Hey all, hello from kansas.

Traded a dark green 2013 SHO Taurus in a month ago for a 2014 F150 SCrew 5.0.

So far I like the truck but I do have questions..

Truck has a leveling kit and has 285/55/20 Amp All Terrain Pro (think bfgoodrich ko2's) and the factory gears are 3:55 with the E locker..

What are other people getting for fuel economy? Because I get 15.5 in city and maybe 17.4 on the highway.. This tire size isn't exactly leaps and bounds bigger than factory size, so why does my mileage suck so badly? I still have the chin spoiler even.. Dealer said 17-21, and I honestly don't see how.

Whats a good gear set to switch to? I wanted 4.88's since I like to take this off the beaten path and would appreciAte the extra mechanical advantage they would give.

Does everyone else's transmission suck at shifting? It's like you have to hold the throttle down hard to get it to hold gear otherwise it up shifts so dang early. On the highway I've had to pump the throttle to the floor just to make it down shift to the gear I want so I can pass or go up a hill.

I get it.. The truck is 5700+ lbs.. But man.. This thing feels gutless compared to that SHO I traded in. There seems to be a sweet spot around 3500-5000 rpm but everywhere else it just feels like it has 200 hp and 200lb/tq. I haven't owned a naturally aspirated vehicle in a long time. .Ecoboost for the sho, and a 03 cobra swapped car prior to that (that I still own) so is this normal?

Also.. The gps.. Has anyone else ever had their gps arrow thing be way off? Like I'm going down 470, and according to gps im like 100m off the highway on a side road or middle of a field.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:19 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Welcome.

As for the shifting, probably the best shifting auto trans I've driven yet was the one behind the 6.7l PS.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:09 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome to the site. Unless the speedo has been recalibrated with a programmer, your calculation would be off. If you have a taller tire, you are going farther than the reading indicates. Also, a higher truck and heavier tires really eat into mileage.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome abroad buddy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New member from Kansas