Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

New guy from NJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy from NJ

Hey all, new to this forum. Been searching it for weeks, but decided to register in hopes someone can help me. But I'll get to that in another post.

Name's Bill. I live in southeast Jersey, about 20 minutes north of Atlantic City. I'm basically a jack of all trades. I've got history in construction and more history in the automotive/marine field, so I'm no stranger. But history is the operative word. I left that about 15 years ago to pursue a career in law enforcement. Within the last 3 years I've also gotten my certification as an EMT and firefighter.

I'm still pretty handy. It's my diagnostic side that's gotten really rusty(read lazy). I've gotten spoiled by the newer stuff and computers knowing everything. Lol.

I'll be seeing you all around the boards.
Anyway, pleasure to be here.

Last edited by thelawdawg; 08-24-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:33 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:54 AM
Former Sponsor
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Tell us something about Ford you got!

Old 08-31-2017, 08:41 AM
It's a 95 F150 XLT 4x4, with a 5.0 in front of a 4r70w. Picture is my avatar. Which I currently have a thread going for about my trans problem. I traded my 09 Harley Sportster 1200 for it, as I was not having any luck selling the bike.

The trucks pretty clean, has some wreck history but nothing major. I opted for it because I have a big yard and a fixer upper house and need something to haul stuff around.

It's got 4 inch suspension and a body lift in it and currently sits on 35 inch procomp all terrains, in place of the 35 mud terrains that were beat. Best part is, it only has 136k on it. Once I iron out this 1st gear problem, I'll be happy. But it's a good truck. As usual, with used stuff, you just inherit someone else's problem. Lol.

Here's the link for my trans problem thread.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/tr...-when-hot.html

Last edited by thelawdawg; 08-31-2017 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Added URL for my other thread