Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Greetings from Md

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings from Md

I've previously lurked, but thought I'd start to contribute whatever meager thoughts I might have! We bought a new 2014 White F-150 Ecoboost, FX4, Screw with tow pkg in January. The plan was to order our new boat at the Annapolis show this October, take delivery and spend a couple of days on the boat to make sure all's ok and then tow it home to Md. Well, that brought about my first lesson!

When the dealer assured me it would easily tow 6500lbs I never thought to ask if I'd need a WD hitch. Well, the factory receiver needs one as it's rated at 5000 weight carrying/10000 WD, but the trailer manufacturers won't warranty their trailers if I use one! So, now what?!

I called around and found a Curt that will tow 10000 but it won't work with a 2014 that has a factory hitch. What????

So the next step was to see if I could buy the rear bumper brackets that are used on the version of my truck w/o the factor hitch. Off to dealer to make sure about the parts. Apparently the brackets won't attach to my bumper; I need the entire bumper as well. What?????

Long story short: I'm still working on it, but leaning heavily toward just using an Equal-izer hitch with a pole tongue adapter for a boat trailer!

In any case, I'm glad to be here and look forward to learning from all you experts out there!

~Lee

Old 08-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Old 09-09-2015, 05:38 AM
Former Sponsor
Welcome to the site, tons of info here for you. Ask away, we will be glad to help you out!

Old 09-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Here's a thread from another forum on this. I am sure you can get one from another vendor.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...hitch-wdh.html

Old 11-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Welcome Aboard!