International Everywhere Else!

UAE F150's

Old 02-23-2009, 02:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UAE F150's

Any other F150 owners in the UAE visiting this site??

As the popularity for the F150's grows in the region, unfortunately the supply shops for parts and aftermarket accessories has not. If anyone has any leads on where to find bits and pieces for the F150's perhaps we could share our info on here.

Regards.

Mark

Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Is the F150 sold in the UEA or is it a personal import?
If sold there does it run standard american rear lights with the brake/tail/flasher all in one? or do you have amber turn signals?

Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey Grandthroblord,

The F150 can be bought here in the UAE. As indicated, it is actually becoming very popular and more and more of them can be seen on the roads everyday.

The F150's here are imported from the US. Mine was built in the Kentucky plant, as per the sticker that was on the front windshielf when i bought it.

I havent actually checked the tail lights, however Im pretty sure they are standard american rear lights i.e. no amber turning signal.

Are you in the UAE??

Old 05-03-2009, 05:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
am from dubai

Old 09-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Mana,

I've been to the UAE approx 12 times since 1999, and all the times I've been there, I've only ever seen one F150, in Dubai. (red one)

I spend 99% of my time in Abu Dhabi, and have never seen one F-150 there.
Plenty of High-end SUV's, BMW, Cayenne, Toyota Land Cruiser, but no Fords.

Have you seen many?

Regards
Habibi

Old 09-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Hey DXB-F150 I travel through DXB every few months maybe we should try hooking up my next time through. I would like to get out and see some mor of Dubai, but I am tired of paying for the tours. I should be going through again sometime in Dec. so let me know.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Habibi
Hi Mana,

I've been to the UAE approx 12 times since 1999, and all the times I've been there, I've only ever seen one F150, in Dubai. (red one)

I spend 99% of my time in Abu Dhabi, and have never seen one F-150 there.
Plenty of High-end SUV's, BMW, Cayenne, Toyota Land Cruiser, but no Fords.

Have you seen many?

Regards
Habibi
that's nice!

I live in Dubai, I have been to Abu Dhabi few times,

Not sure about Abu Dhabi, but overhere in Dubai I saw quite few F150, I see alot of the d@mn chevy guys(I hate them) I saw some Crew Cabs, King Ranchs, STX's and one lifted Crew cab (around 6") , here is a pic,

unfortunately I haven't seen this guy for quit some time, maybe he sold his truck...

once I saw blacked out Reg cab which is around 8" of lift!! i went nuts!!

NH06-5.4T: In Dec, we can meet at Dunes!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks pretty cool.
The TV in the bed looks pretty pimp but I never really understood the practicallity of it.
I suppose you could bring some lawn chairs and play Xbox on your tailgate, lol.

It does look good though!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Thanks Habibi,

I agree with you regarding the TV , I guess it's just for show-off, or maybe it can make some fun time while waiting for help out of no where in Dunes

DXB-F150: do you have a Silver FX4? I think i spotted you few days ago...

Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM
hey bro were at in dubai i am going to be in JEBAL ALi here in a bit maybe we can get together all though i wont have my truck hehe. but i can admire yours lol

Old 10-05-2009, 03:31 AM
F150 desert bashing

Hey guys, good to find some guys with 150s here in the Gulf region. I am based in Dubai and have a Lariat but have kept it standard. My question is how good is the 150 in the desert? I have driven on beaches a few times without reducing tyre pressure and its a struggle. What tips do you have on driving in the desert?

Old 10-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Hey there people,

I have been in Dubai quite a few years now. I own both a 2005 Lariat 4x4 5'5" bed SCrew and purchased recently a new 2009 FX4 6'5" SCrew. I love them both and regularly go into the mountains and desert with them. I have crossed the Liwa with the Lariat a few times and all is fine. I have not done much too them both, just a levelling kit, bigger tires, bash plates and lockable retractable tonneau covers. The tires you get with them from Al Tayer are really very bad for offroading.
The trucks perform well in the desert. They might have a few ground clearance problems, but nothing the torque and power can't overcome. What I don't do is rock crawling but I have done enough driving in the mountains and wadis of the UAE and Oman.
I love the road presence of the F-150, the comfort, the space and toughness. My new FX4 also has an electronic rear diff lock, which is pretty cool.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Sand traps

i have the Lariat 4x4 double cab. I got it so stuck in the sand at Ghantoot on Saturday so today I went and bought some sand ladders etc.

some questions:

1. What pressure do you recomend for the desert or beach in this country?
2. Does my truck have any lmtd slip diff or diff lock?
3. does the braking slightly to transfer torque to the wheel that has traction work?

I will get some bigger tires as soon as I have worn this set out, which means I'll be doing big burnouts this weekend!

DD

Old 10-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Dave_Dubai
i have the Lariat 4x4 double cab. I got it so stuck in the sand at Ghantoot on Saturday so today I went and bought some sand ladders etc.

some questions:

3. does the braking slightly to transfer torque to the wheel that has traction work?

I will get some bigger tires as soon as I have worn this set out, which means I'll be doing big burnouts this weekend!

DD
Please let me know when your doing your Burnouts!! I would love to see some action!!

here is some of my experience in Sand dunes Drives:

1.for Desert, I hear people say it's good to stay on 35 PSI or below (depending on the tires) for example, my tires are rated for 45 PSI max, but I can drive in dunes without reducing air (by driving I mean a good 1 hour of tearing dunes!) but with my old tiny tires (17x65x255), i was having hard times... it was digging as joke! oh and I'm driving on 2WD in dunes, for beach i have no problems if it's on 4WD Hi...

2.am not sure, but mine don't... only one wheel spin when on 2WD, on 4WD all wheels spins... from what i see!!

3.no idea but i guess i will try that... last time i made i burnout, i saw one tire spinning...

Old 10-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Dave_Dubai

some questions:

DD
Hey there DD,

I go down usually to 18PSI, which is perfect for desert driving. Doesn't really matter what tires you have, except of-course sleek high performance ones. What those don't usually come with our trucks.
You can let them down to 16PSI, or lower, but I would not be doing any crazy driving then in fear of popping in the tire of the rim.

If your truck is a 2009 model, you should have full traction control, slip control and stabibility control. You need to deactivate these manually before going off road, otherwise they will always engage the brakes and wear them down very quickly. Check the car manual on how to do this, but with my FX4 you need to press the traction control on the dashboard for more than 5 seconds below 56km/h for full deactivation.

Good luck with the burn outs...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UAE F150's