International Everywhere Else!

anyone in europe have a modified truck??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:40 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
anyone in europe have a modified truck??

just wondering if anyone in europe has any mods on thier trucks, and if any mods caused you to fail the vehicle inspections???

or

what mods do you have and still pass inspection?

thanks

Old 04-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi,
since every state of europe has its own laws and regulations i can only speak for germany, but here its not to easy to add anything to your vehicle that is not from ford or at least designed for ford. the f150 was never officially sold in europe, so its not like you find parts on every corner anyway. on the other hand you can always talk to those guys from tuv (inspecting agency) and mostly there willing to help and find a way. basically (with lots of time, nervs and money) everything is possible.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Plenty of mods for me and no problems passing inspection in the UK

Old 04-13-2007, 03:13 PM
autobahn????

anyone have dual exaust in germany? basicaly what i want to know is if i put exaust on my truck like a flowmaster 50 series if i could still pass inspection.........

do you know autobahn??

Old 04-14-2007, 04:20 PM
shure a lot of people here are carcrazy and tune the hell out of their rides. dual exhaust will basically be possible but you will need a "gutachten" (written statement) from the producer of the part or ford etc. that the part has been tested on the specific vehicle and is save to use, that it doesn´t affect the emissions in a negative way and for shure the decibel it produces etc etc. we have a tuv-station that just opened not to far from here. next week i swing by and see what i can find out. i let you know

Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 AM

i guess long tube headers are out of the question, but maybe some lightning / harley high flow mid pipes may help with power and still be legal since most burn cleaner than stock...

Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 AM
well, i think once you talk to the right guy from tuv, somebody that is really willing to help, even that wouldn´t be a problem. everything you do to the vehicle to change it from stock needs to be printed into your title and registration so -your friend- the "polizei" (if you ever get checked) can tell what is tuv conform and what not.

ya, they love paperworks over here!

Old 04-21-2007, 12:09 AM

i plan to have a 32 valve navigator engine swapped in before i go (IF i go) the truck that would be going allready has 88,000 miles and i don't wanna be buying an engine over there within the next 3 years. I guess i can run shorty headers or stock navigator exhaust manifold and get highflow cats that are OBD2 compliant and see what happens... I just hope that the 3" maggie isn't too loud, lol

Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 AM
well, i´m shure the people next door will love your truck , hope you don´t have to get up at 4:30 am to go to work

Old 04-23-2007, 09:06 AM

I don't plan on any full throttle launches close to my house, I very seldom full throttle stomp it anyway. it will get on the highway at 80 plus at part throttle so no reason to max it out on the street.

I will let you know IF and where I end up.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:29 AM
If you guys come over with the military (at least the USAF) they will inspect your car n base. There are some LOUD cars, trucks and bikes over here. Keep the old system, you can put it on to get inspected, then swap 'em. Oh yeah Diesels run the whole country, emissions is in the news but not on the pavement!!

shanemichaelgerry@yahoo.com if you need more info.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:17 AM

i was over there once before, i left in mid-'04, i didn't ship a vehicle over that time but i plan on it this time, that's why i was asking

Old 05-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Germany also just passed some additional requirements in regards to the exhaust system. If you have your vehicle inspected on base, they will check the loudness by reving the engine. Now, some inspectors will let some pass while others won't. Maybe the "good 'ol boy syndrom"? And most of the inspection stations are ran by German nationals.

In addition, you can't have window tint on your front two windows. Nothing. nada. Zilch. It looks wierd to see the back half of a hoopty blacked out with nothing on the sides. Most people (myself included) fail this part and have to remove the tint in oder to pass. The very next day I had the windows re-tinted. Warning, though - window tinting is very expensive. It was 80 Euros just for the front doors. Cash deal. Currently there are two kinds of license plates - those with "USA" on them and the German type plates. They are phasing the "USA" plates out. That being said, if you have the "USA" plates and your windows are tinted, the Polizei will not normally ticket you, but they can if they desire. If you have the German plates, they will gt you sooner or later. I cannot stand the German plates - the vehicle registration office will give you one long plate for the front (ie a normal size European plate) that you have to affix to your front license plate holder, and one "short" (ie normal size plate) for the rear. Now, I understand them going to the german tags in oder to blend in. But none of the locals use the plate combination the Americans use. So it basically does no good. And do you think German plates will help my KR "blend" in? Nope. If you look in my gallery, you can see what the "USA" plates look like. They are smaller than US plates as well.

And if you are coming over here - study for the driver's license test. It's no joke - from what I've been told. They changed the test and if you don't study, you won't pass.

Where are you headed to?

Old 05-10-2007, 11:32 AM

I dunno yet, I hope to find out in a couple weeks, yeah I've got tint on my 2001 F-150,

maybe i should start looking for a muffler that's quieter than a magnaflow 3" SI/SO (i'll have to look at the box to get the number)

I'll drop you a PM when I get orders to where I am headed

Old 05-11-2007, 03:00 PM
hi there, you shouldn´t worry to much before you come here. like it was said, it depands pretty much on the guy checking the vehicle (and they see a lot of crap!).
plus, i just made my driving test couple weeks ago and it was definitely nothing to worry about.

Quick Reply: anyone in europe have a modified truck??