any way to cure the seat belts from ratcheting

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any way to cure the seat belts from ratcheting

The last 3 Fords I owned all had the same problem, the seat belt will lock up tight with just the slightest move. Leaning forward to look for on coming cars or looking in the side mirrors to watch cars while your getting on an on ramp, they lock up and if you move at all, then ratchet up even tighter. Has almost caused several accidents. Most of the time you have to end up unbuckling them and let them retract all the way and start over. Not good engineering while your on the highway.
I know how they are supposed to work, just wondering if anybody has has found a way to make these work like they are supposed to? Currently have a 2008 F-250 and it is the worst of all so far.
Probably best bet to to find some Toyota belts that will fit and put them on. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I completely understand what your going through. I have the same issue when i'm out wheeling. Besides getting some racing harnesses, I don't think you will find anything. Don't want to tamper with it causing it to not work when you really do need it. Not to sure if this will help https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/seatb...cts/25/view/57 but those ones may be better but no clue. Just be safe about it!

Quick Reply: any way to cure the seat belts from ratcheting