02 f150 door panel removal?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 f150 door panel removal?

i want to put new speakers in but i have to take the panel off....how u do that? thnaks!

Old 01-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Pull the panel up that is holding the window switches, it will come straight up, with a clip towards the front and a tab towards the rear. Pull up on the front corner with your fingers, first. Then unplug everything and set it aside. That is, if it has power windows and locks. If not, you need to lift up the cover that is over the window crank, and remove the screw that is holding it on. I think it's a #15 torx, but it could be a #20.

After you get that part done, if it's got power switches, you will see a 7mm screw holding the panel to the door behind the switch cover, right in front of the door pull handle. There is 2 more phillips screws at the very bottom of the door panel, one towards the front, and one in the rear. These are both exposed. There is 1 more phillips screw behind the door handle cover. This piece has a clip towards the front, and a tab towards the rear, as well.

Then just slide the panel straight up. Be easy though, you will have a "turn and lock" light bulb housing that will still be connected, that you just turn 45 degrees, and it's out of the way, too.

All of this is much easier with the door glass in the down position, then when you pull up on the panel there is no chance of scratching your window film, if you have any.

Last edited by rocsorcs; 01-06-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
thanks for the info and the tip!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 f150 door panel removal?