F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Interior Care (https://www.f150online.com/forums/interior-care-49/)
-   -   New Carpet (https://www.f150online.com/forums/interior-care/383131-new-carpet.html)

87fiveoh254 07-11-2009 09:42 PM

New Carpet

Currently I have the vinyl floor in my truck. I will be ordering new carpet from work, but my question is will I be ok ordering just the regular carpet or should I get the mass back carpeting? Also should I pull out the vinyl or just leave it there for extra sound dampening?

:beers:

Patman 07-11-2009 09:43 PM

I would get the black mass for stock quality, and i would remove and attempt to sell the vinyl

87fiveoh254 07-11-2009 09:44 PM

Easy enough!

Patman 07-11-2009 09:46 PM

If it were me i would ask whatever the upgrade from cheap to black mass is as your selling price for the vinyl, then it will be like a free upgrade.

Also you should do black carpet since its easier to keep clean from stains :)

87fiveoh254 07-11-2009 09:47 PM

Yeah I've been looking through the audio install threads and I think it will be the way to go. I think I'll order some extra carpet for a box as well.

Patman 07-11-2009 09:52 PM

i might have to try and order some carpet after i see how the fitment is in your truck :o

87fiveoh254 07-11-2009 09:53 PM

Yeah. It's spot on for the Mustangs. We have it set up on the website, but I guess I'll be the guinea pig for the install on an F150.

Kford 07-14-2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 87fiveoh254 (Post 3798968)
Currently I have the vinyl floor in my truck. I will be ordering new carpet from work, but my question is will I be ok ordering just the regular carpet or should I get the mass back carpeting? Also should I pull out the vinyl or just leave it there for extra sound dampening?

word of warning, i did mine last february and it came out like a mess.... i paid like $140 for a "molded to fit" carpet off ebay and when it showed up it was wayyy too long and and wide and didnt even have any holes cut out, the only half molded part was the hump in front of the center console, so spending enough as it was i tried to put it in myself and in the back its all smooth as silk, but up front its just a mess, so next time i got the money to burn im just gonna take it to some carpet place and get it done

i also remember the guy telling me on the phone to leave the vinyl for a sound barrier (i think these guys called themselves "auto carpet professionals").. but what does he know, hes also the one that told me that it would fall in place and that id have it like a week before christmas (in which it showed 3 weeks after).... and during that 4 weeks i had to wait for it i called repeatedly for no one to answer, so be careful if you buy from these guys

87fiveoh254 07-14-2009 11:22 PM

Did you see an ACC logo anywhere from them? On their ebay ad or the box?

jsvo5695 07-15-2009 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kford (Post 3801934)
i paid like $140 for a "molded to fit" carpet off ebay and when it showed up it was wayyy too long and and wide and didnt even have any holes cut out, the only half molded part was the hump in front of the center console, so spending enough as it was i tried to put it in myself and in the back its all smooth as silk, but up front its just a mess, so next time i got the money to burn im just gonna take it to some carpet place and get it done

they must not have told you instructions on install. when you buy any carpet other than factory there are no holes cut (even acc). when you recieve the carpet you are supposed to take it out of the box and let it set out flat for a day or so, or you can speed up the process and set it out in the sun(to remove the wrinkles). they all come cut to fit. pull the oem out lay it on top of the new and trim with a excess of an inch or two. so you will have to trim the edges no matter what. i have done several of these installs with various different manufactures of carpets and the only ones i have not cut where the oem.

that is my experiences with the carpet anyway:beers:

87fiveoh254 07-15-2009 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by jsvo5695 (Post 3803938)
they must not have told you instructions on install. when you buy any carpet other than factory there are no holes cut (even acc). when you recieve the carpet you are supposed to take it out of the box and let it set out flat for a day or so, or you can speed up the process and set it out in the sun(to remove the wrinkles). they all come cut to fit. pull the oem out lay it on top of the new and trim with a excess of an inch or two. so you will have to trim the edges no matter what. i have done several of these installs with various different manufactures of carpets and the only ones i have not cut where the oem.

I am fully expecting to do all of this. Most of my Mustang customers that buy the ACC carpet from us go through the same process and it turns out great.

jsvo5695 07-15-2009 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 87fiveoh254 (Post 3803996)

I am fully expecting to do all of this. Most of my Mustang customers that buy the ACC carpet from us go through the same process and it turns out great.

what is the price you can get the carpet at? i might be intersted.

87fiveoh254 07-15-2009 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by jsvo5695 (Post 3804058)
what is the price you can get the carpet at? i might be intersted.

PM sent.:)

Kford 07-20-2009 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by jsvo5695 (Post 3803938)

well, now knowing all this i may be tempted to try it again, as much as those caprets costs they should still come as oem copies.... anyway thats what the guy on the phone told me i was getting when i ordered it, but what about the vinyl? should one really keep it or just take it out and get rid of it?

s4alex 11-16-2009 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by 87fiveoh254 (Post 3804183)
PM sent.:)

Can you send me a quote also..

2006 Lariat Screw. Tan. Shipped to 94070.