Interior Project Unde Way

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks sick!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got more done, with the weather being rainy as hell its tough getting anything done without a garage... Headliner is completed and installed, dash is bolted in, and there will be more pictures as soon as the weather will let me take more pictures without getting soaked! I'm so FED UP WITH RAIN!!!

Decided to shampoo the carpet while I had it out too

Old 05-07-2009, 10:17 AM
WOW, I'm amazed already. It all ready looking good.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:23 PM
that's probably one of the ONLY two tone interiors i've seen someone do that I like. good job.

I do have a question. what type of material did you use to re-cover your headliner with? i want to replace the grey headliner in my truck with black to match the rest of the interior. i also want to use a different fabric than what is in there now. my wife's mercedes has a kind of twill look to it while the material ford uses is more like felt. any ideas?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:45 PM
I gotta say that looks sick. Ive been wanting to do mine for a while. I think I have the motivation to do it now lol.

I got a 00' Lightning. i cant stand the colors inside. Im gonna prob do the same color choice as you, cause the truck is silver. Thinkin of changing the seats out and putting Bucket seats in, instead of the Driver/bench seat thats in it.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by RyanPreece3
I gotta say that looks sick. Ive been wanting to do mine for a while. I think I have the motivation to do it now lol.

I got a 00' Lightning. i cant stand the colors inside. Im gonna prob do the same color choice as you, cause the truck is silver. Thinkin of changing the seats out and putting Bucket seats in, instead of the Driver/bench seat thats in it.
Patman would probably buy your Lightning seats.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks, and I'm very happy with how its going. I'll find out what type of material that is on the headliner, once I get home I'll take a closer pict of the material. I'm going to do the outside of the seats in black leather, and the middle of the seats with the headliner material, then of course I'll be getting the 03 Harley emblems for the senter of the front seats. My Mom does upholstery for a living but she is currently recovering from an operation, so I may have to live with mis matched seats for a few weeks. I'm planning to sell the original Harley seats, just not sure how to get them on Ebay. They are in fair shape, my cat decided to claw it but not too horrible bad. I'll post more picts today after work or tomorrow. Just got to finish a little of the radio wiring at the connector, and waiting on a 00 + Expy console since the 98 Expy console will not work anymore. I'm also going to install the under the seat heat vents too.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Did you paint ur steering wheel too? How well Is the paint sticking on there?

Old 05-09-2009, 10:10 PM
looken great so far man.you have me thinking now

Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 AM
seats are a little warn out. just to let ya know.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I know the seats are worn, thats because they came out of a junked FX4, they are being re-upholstered as soon as my Mom gets well. Outside edges are going to be black leather and the centers will be done with same material I used for the headliner. My Mom does upholstery for a living but got to wait on her to recover from a major operation. I can't put my the original seats in anymore because I re-did the headliner to eliminate the seat belt holes. I did not spray the steering wheel, I don't think that paint of any sort will ever stick to it. Not sure what I'm doing with that yet. I didn't have a chance to post my most recent picts, will do so today or tomorrow.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:48 PM
the inside is lookin good!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Lookin good. 13 speakers though? A little overkill maybe?

Old 05-12-2009, 07:33 AM
The end is in sight! Here are some nearly finished shots, dash is back together, just need to finish soldering some connections for the radio and finish everything that needs fabric (door panels and console lid). Added a shot of the headliner so you can see what sort of fabric I'm using. Console is now painted, just didn't get a shot of it after I was done, but the pockets and top are black and everything else is silver.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
Lookin good. 13 speakers though? A little overkill maybe?
Overkill? Not at all. The speaker sizes and locations are perfectly orchestrated to give the perfect combination of bass, mid, and tweet. Overkill would be adding another square 10" sub (which I've thought about hahaha)

Quick Reply: Interior Project Unde Way