Nifty Replacement Carpet ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nifty Replacement Carpet ??'s

Hello all, I am instaling a new stereo system and carpet in my fathers 1997 reg cab F150. i ordered the nifty products proline replacement. I get it out of the box to lay it out to install and it is about 6" to narrow on both sides, and only goes up under the seat edge, isnt formed for the floor, doesnt have any marking for seat holes, and no heel pad......Is this common of there products? anybdy have any pics of there f150 carpet.

Thanks..

Bill

Old 06-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes...well yes and no...i dont know about it being too narrow... but as far as replacement carpets go its extremely hard to find decent aftermarket ones...i tried a couple in my old GMC Sonoma I had during high school, and it took three different brands before I got one that was even remotely close...and even then it still looked like abosolute crap... ive never seen any that had a heel pad... and no they do not cut any holes for you nor do they mark them, which makes it a real pain in the tail to install especially if its not heat formed correctly or at all...its a mass produced product, and its cheap for the most part...if your going to do it, bring to an upholstery shop, let me them order and install, they have the tools and the resources to pull it off correctly - too much crap out there for the end consumer to get a hold of and use it thinking its comparable to the OEM or high end aftermarket offerings..

Quick Reply: Nifty Replacement Carpet ??'s