Thank You Craigslist for Cheap WeatherTechs

Old 06-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You Craigslist for Cheap WeatherTechs

I've had my new truck for about 2 weeks, and I've missed my cheap rubber floor mats that I had in the 05 every time I've gotten in and out of it.

Started thinking about WeatherTechs... but couldn't really justify paying $200+ for floor mats. Until Craigslist came to my aid.

Found front and rears on that glorious site for only $150. The seller was about 2 hours away near my parents place, so I talked it down to $100 and headed that way.

Thank You Craigslist for Cheap WeatherTechs-6bxccf6.jpg

Thank You Craigslist for Cheap WeatherTechs-59osm6g.jpg

Thank You Craigslist for Cheap WeatherTechs-1qzebuj.jpg

Much better for only $100, and I saved the expense of needing a U-Haul trailer to move out of my apartment next week by taking home another load of stuff. Another added bonus I got to take the bed cover off the big truck and put it on to the 2014 . It was a great day to check out Craigslist.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great deal man. Craigslist is convenient at times. I bought my Vibrant catback exhaust for my car, which was discontinued in 2010 and cost $500 new, for $100 lightly used. Also bought used Eibach sway bars for $250 front and rear where they run about $340 on Summit.

I always search "f150, cavalier, 18" tires" on all my surrounding areas

Old 06-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
craigslist and ebay used to get me into a lot of trouble buying parts

Old 06-15-2014, 12:02 PM

I love Craigslist! I opened this thinking you may have found the ones on Houston's CL.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Great deal man. Craigslist is convenient at times. I bought my Vibrant catback exhaust for my car, which was discontinued in 2010 and cost $500 new, for $100 lightly used. Also bought used Eibach sway bars for $250 front and rear where they run about $340 on Summit.

I always search "f150, cavalier, 18" tires" on all my surrounding areas
Thanks amigo, got to love Craigslist when it turns out well. I was exceptionally happy with this one because the whole thing was done in 1 day, instead of dragged on because of slow communication like I have had happen before. Sounds like you find some great deals!

Originally Posted by Patman
craigslist and ebay used to get me into a lot of trouble buying parts
Exactly why I try not pull up the app on my phone too often, can always find something to buy

Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I love Craigslist! I opened this thinking you may have found the ones on Houston's CL.
Negative ghost rider. Haven't made it out there for good yet! I'm packing up a Uhaul and heading out that way on the 24th. Move in day at the new apartment is the 26th.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:22 PM

Nice! I ended up picking 2" and 6" drop hitches with 2" and 2.5" ***** on Sunday for $25 haha.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:35 PM

Nice! I ended up picking 2" and 6" drop hitches with 2" and 2.5" ***** on Sunday for $25 haha.
Very jealous... I had my brand new 2" drop stolen off the truck a few days after I put it on the truck.... Wasn't too happy about it.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:25 PM

Did it only have the clip and rod and not a lock?

I had a 2" hitch on my truck for two years and couldn't take it off because my dad sold the boat and the key to the lock was on the boat keys haha. Needed to put it on my mom's Yukon last week and couldn't fit an angle grinder, sawzall, or hacksaw in there, so I applied the BFH method for removal and it was off in two minutes the locks don't protect very well from that.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:32 PM

Did it only have the clip and rod and not a lock?

I had a 2" hitch on my truck for two years and couldn't take it off because my dad sold the boat and the key to the lock was on the boat keys haha. Needed to put it on my mom's Yukon last week and couldn't fit an angle grinder, sawzall, or hacksaw in there, so I applied the BFH method for removal and it was off in two minutes the locks don't protect very well from that.
Nope didn't have it locked. The hitch from the big truck had never been stolen so I guess I was trusting humanity a little too much... Then again, I guess not so many trucks are looking for a 5.5" drop hitch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thank You Craigslist for Cheap WeatherTechs