I Need New Seat Foam,Can You Help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Need New Seat Foam,Can You Help?

I'm wondering how easy it is to replace the foam,and the factory fabric seatcovers.I have a 99 150 4x4 with a bench seat that is split into a drivers seat and a center console-passenger seat.I remember seeing a show on TV a while ago,and they said that Fords are very easy to restore,cause it's basically just velcro,with no special tools/skills needed.Anyone ever do this?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's a pretty easy job. The covers have J-channel at the bottoms that snaps onto the bottom of the seat frame. If you are using dealer OEM pre-shaped foam and seat covers, it can be costly. Just the driver side butt foam is almost $100 from Ford. I believe the seat cover costs even more. The seat back cover is easier to slide on if you put a plastic bag or thin sheet of plastic over the foam. My '97 had plastic there from the factory. You can buy foam and foam glue from an automotive upolstery supply shop.

I need to stiffen up the butt pad on my '97. I'm trying to figure out if I can just glue some extra foam on or under my existing foam, before installing my new take off seat covers from E-bay ($125 for the front seat).

Old 03-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So are there aftermarket places where I can get replacement seat foam\seatcovers that will match the Ford ones?Or will I have to re-do the entire interior with new?

Quick Reply: I Need New Seat Foam,Can You Help?