Leather seat wearing very fast!

Old 12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather seat wearing very fast!

I have an 07 Expy with 11K miles and about 5 months on it. The drivers seat bottom is already showing wear. Is this common on Ford trucks? Man, seems way too soon. I take meticulous care of my seats too. Here are a couple of pix.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:49 PM
you might be rubbing against that area evrytime you get in/out of truck. wouldn't hurt to drop by the dealership and see if they will fix under warranty

Old 12-06-2007, 10:40 AM
I have found this out with a lot of trucks and SUV's. My parents 04 Expedition has cloth seats and it is wearing in the same spot (only 37,000 miles). Once I noticed this, I started watching how they get in and out. WE have the factory nerf bars on the truck but when getting out no one seems to use it. They basically swing their feet out and slide off the seat. Whenever you have that kind of friction time and time again, you will get wear. You bet I let them know!

Old 12-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by 01lariatcrew
I have found this out with a lot of trucks and SUV's. My parents 04 Expedition has cloth seats and it is wearing in the same spot (only 37,000 miles). Once I noticed this, I started watching how they get in and out. WE have the factory nerf bars on the truck but when getting out no one seems to use it. They basically swing their feet out and slide off the seat. Whenever you have that kind of friction time and time again, you will get wear. You bet I let them know!
Yeah, I hear you. Being 6'2" it's a lot easier to slide out rather than use the running boards. This is a high friction/wear area. I wish Ford had put the nogahide/pleather here. That stuff seams to last forever.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Mine has worn the same way, I've started using the nerf bar to get in and out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leather seat wearing very fast!