Whats the best way to clean seats (cloth) without damage/harm ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the best way to clean seats (cloth) without damage/harm ?

My truck, 04 FX4 black cloth seats front/rear...it has some stain from water,foods,coffee and a little dirty (from clothes)..

Whats the best way to clean it without damage or harm cloth seats??

Thanks!
YOMAN!

Old 08-08-2005, 09:17 PM
You can buy car upholstery cleaner at Auto Zone, or for a cheaper solution use home carpet cleaner, they are usually very mild cleaners that do the job, just check the label. If the seats are stained beyond cleaning you might want to invest in some Neoprene seat covers. You can find them at Bass Pro, Cabelas, etc.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:44 PM
clean seats

I just recently cleaned my seats and carpeting, they look as good as the day I bought it. here is what I used and how I cleaned them. 1 spray bottle, mix 50/50 water and pure white vinegar, yes vinegar, thats it for a cleaner. 1 med brissel scrub brush and a few white terry cloth towels. spray a section, scrub with brush, roll up the terry towel and again scrub and absorb the water and dirt rite out!! I have never used anything that cleaned as well, and no suds to try and get out, once dry no residues, just new looking interior. only down fall it will take about a week before the interior stops smelling like a deuch, not sure on the spelling on that one. Once the vinegar smell goes away so will any other odors the interior may have had. Great odor eliminator! Also is a fantastic window cleaner, and will also clean the plastic surfaces without any staining or discoloring. Vinegar is a natural cleaner and odor eliminator. I had many spots and alot of dust from going to the dirt tracks, every spot both on the seats and the carpeting, GONE! oh and this was the first interior scrubbing it has had, the truck is over a year old and over 15,000 miles, always teens in the back seat, interior is the light gray.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:00 AM
i bought my 97 about a year ago and i had a coffee or tea stain on one of the seats, used armor all oxy magic and worked very well, so i used it to clean all the seats and carpet.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Put it in the washer !

I had a similar problem w/ my 4Runner. The kids spilled chocolate milk shakes into the velour seats. Nothing, including a $100 steam cleaning job would lift the chocolate.

I had a wierd idea. Why not remove the seat covers from the bases & chuck them into the washer? So, I did just that. Depending on the size, you can use either a home or commerical clothes washer. I let the covers soak in oxyclean & detergent in luke warm water for 3-4 hours. Then, I washed them, one at a time, using the gentle cycle. Afterwards, I line dried everthing.

The covers shrunk just a tad bit, but they were absolutely, showroom clean. And the funky odor was gone!!! The seats look BETTER than new!

Old 08-25-2005, 11:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by winchestermag1
use home carpet cleaner, they are usually very mild cleaners that do the job

+1

Old 09-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Old 09-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Prowax Heavy Duty Interior Cleaner

I've been using this stuff for about a year, and I'm telling you, it's the shiznit!!

Heavy Duty Interior Cleaner

Quick Reply: Whats the best way to clean seats (cloth) without damage/harm ?