F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Interior Care (https://www.f150online.com/forums/interior-care-49/)
-   -   The seat will not stay back (https://www.f150online.com/forums/interior-care/206504-seat-will-not-stay-back.html)

tax58 08-01-2005 11:11 AM

The seat will not stay back

My son's 99 reg cab seat will not latch in the back position. Any suggestions?
It was working fine yesterday. Thanks for the help.

Raoul 08-01-2005 11:14 AM

Bench?
Spilt bench?
Buckets?

tax58 08-01-2005 11:31 AM

Sorry, its bucket seats with the small console that folds down in the middle.

Raoul 08-01-2005 11:38 AM

That makes it easier.
You have two different mechanisms to compare.
I assume the drivers side does not latch.
Operate the passenger side and note any difference.

Is the hook on the seatback not moving when you move the lever?

chrisrud15 08-01-2005 12:12 PM

I had this happen in my 01 reg. Cab. Look at the assembly and there is a piece that you need to slam back down. I took a flat head screw driver and hit it with a hammer and it went back down. Look at the pass. side and you can tell what piece to hit. :D

animal 08-01-2005 01:14 PM

On my truck, there's a recline lever, and then another lever on the back of the seat to flip it forward. If you tip the seat forward with the back lever and then lift up the recline lever it spring all the way forward and won't latch again. The only way to reset the seat is to slide it all the way forward and then push the seat back all the way reclined. This was enough to reset it in my truck. Just figured I'd chime in since it took me like 2 hours to figure this out :)

tax58 08-01-2005 05:38 PM

OK, I called my son and told him to try slamming the piece back down and it worked. Thanks for the help everyone.

chrisrud15 08-01-2005 06:24 PM

Glad we could help :thumbsup:

Raoul 08-01-2005 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by tax58
OK, I called my son and told him to try slamming the piece back down and it worked. Thanks for the help everyone.

:thumbsup: I only got two tools in my toolbox.
A hammer and a big hammer. :lol:

rtodd 11-22-2009 07:32 PM

animal,
you saved me big headache.
great post

alawsonshoots 12-25-2009 12:23 PM

Seat lever!

Animal, can't thank you enough! I thought I was looking at a long cold day in the driveway trying to get that thing to grab when I read your post! Took two seconds. Great help!

Originally Posted by animal (Post 1774175)
On my truck, there's a recline lever, and then another lever on the back of the seat to flip it forward. If you tip the seat forward with the back lever and then lift up the recline lever it spring all the way forward and won't latch again. The only way to reset the seat is to slide it all the way forward and then push the seat back all the way reclined. This was enough to reset it in my truck. Just figured I'd chime in since it took me like 2 hours to figure this out :)

Ryckman 03-05-2019 08:14 AM

Thanks

[Thank you . Animal
have been pulling my hair out for who knows how long trying to figure This out, your suggestion worked perfectly and I am eternally grateful.

Brianthegrateful 07-30-2023 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by animal (Post 1774175)

That's awesome!! When you tip the seat back, you can hear it click into place and just adjust the recline to upright and done! Just did it and it took about 3 seconds. THANKS!!!