seat swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post seat swap

I have a '98 XLT standard cab with buckets and center console. I need a 60/40 bench.

Question 1: Is the swap straight forward? I assume the bolt pattern is the same.

Question 2 and 3: Where can I find a 60/40 bench? Are they sold new from ford?

I see none in classifieds here or on ebay.

Thanks for any help!

style

Old 05-24-2001, 08:00 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
style:

You'll need a different riser bracket. Just threw mine away when I did the opposite 60/40 to bucket conversion.

Let the Lighting group know if it's a grey console. They would have the riser that you'd need.

------------------
Rich
1999.5 SVT Lightning - Red. 100HP Shot Nitrous(NOS), NGK TR6 Plugs, BellTech 3/4 drop, BellTech Nitroactive shocks, Ford MotorSport Chrome Lightning wheels, JDM Chip. K&N Filter. Viper Alarm w/remote start, Sir Michael's roll pan, smooth corners and steps w/billet inserts, clear corner lenses, Cervinis Ram Air hood, ARE Cover w/ wing, Momo billet pedals, cd changer, cover, Phantom boost and nitrous gauges, MTX Thunderform w/ 2 - 10" JL Audio W-3 subs. 5-channel 500w. Clarion amp., (4)Polk Audio 3-way, 130w. DX 7's, Color-matched Muth signal mirrors, Soundproofed cab, BedRug, Trenz billet grills, Piaa 9007 Super Whites, Bucket Seat Conversion, Carbon fiber dash(photogenesis), etc. Build #2755
TampaSVT@Tampabay.rr.com

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/tampasvt/

2001 Lexus IS-300
2001 EB Expedition

Old 05-24-2001, 08:30 AM
Where are you located? What color is your interior? I might trade you mine, if yours are grey and you are fairly close. I'm near St Louis, MO.

Old 05-24-2001, 05:02 PM
First thanks for the info.

I have a few problems. First, the interior is beige or light brown or whatever the official color is.

Second, I live in a small town on an island in southeast Alaska with limited wrecker options and shipping is a bitch.

Anyway, keep the help coming!

Thanks again.

Style

Old 05-24-2001, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try www.lwm.cc

I got my Expy console from them. Call them and ask for Darrin.

------------------

'98 F-150 XLT SuperCab Flareside, Auto, 4.6L, 4X2, 3.55 LS, 6-CD changer, Moonlight Blue with tan interior, Captains Chairs

Mods:Window tint, Extang Classic Platinum Tonno, Lund Interceptor bug deflector, Wizard Superwhite Bulbs, Pendaliner bedliner, Expedition center console, Airaid FIPK System
My F-150 Page
Expedition Console How-to

Old 05-24-2001, 09:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Man I would've traded seats with you in a second I travel all over the lower 48,but I've never go up there. Ford sells them,but they might be pretty ridiculous,pricewise. Sorry I couldn't help more,,,,98

------------------
98 F-150 4.6 Litre XLT 4x2 Ext. cab
prarie tan/tan int.
Yep,it has alot of stuff installed on it,I just got sick of lugging that huge sig. around,hehe
Come and see my newest pictures@ www.my-f150.com

Everything is shown there,except for the Superchip,Thanks Mike T!!

FENDER GUITARS ROCK!!!

Now,if it only looked like this in real life

Old 05-25-2001, 12:24 AM
here you can get them from some of the wreckers, but at the same time, check the conversion companies, they often rip them out and put in RV-like seats.

hth

Bambino

------------------
Bambino Worldwide
Owners Gallery Truck #179
1999 reg cab/short box/ORP/Silver on Dk Graphite - 3.55; 4.6l 5sp; Factory Tonneau; 40 chan CB/Maxrad Antenna; Kicker amp'd sub tubes; Rockford Fosgate components up front; Custom Exhaust; Mobil 1 5w30/Motorcraft FL820s; Amsoil Series 2k in the driveline.

Old 05-28-2001, 03:40 PM
Well Ive got a question about the center console issue. I am very excited about doing this little project, and I cant wait to see the results. But I think I might have found a small problem. My F-150 has the grey tint interior, not the light tan color like BlueFlareside's. My question is this: Did the expedition ever come in the grey like my truck? If it only came in the tan, then the console would look a little silly in a grey interior. Thanks in advance.

--The MAN

Old 05-29-2001, 04:28 AM
F-150 Man
Yes I know for a fact that the console comes in gray. I have seen it in person on a Expedition sitting at a fast food joint one time.

Blueflareside
What style of console did you use? New or old? They also have wood too, if anyone has a wood trim dash kit.

------------------
97 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 4.6L auto, Std cab/Long bed, 3.55LS rear axle, PW,PL, and PM, captian chairs w/arm rests
Sylvania Cool Blue Bulbs, Ford logo hitch and license plate, tinted windows, blackouts front and rear(w/ford logos on front blackouts),ventvisors all around, painted logos on door sills and under hood, 55w backup lights, K&N Filter, custom 4x4 emblems, cup holder/LED mod, 99 F150 Triton V8 emblems, and much more to come

Old 05-29-2001, 07:30 AM
Cool

F-150 MAN,
The Expy consoles come in grey and tan.

KYFordFreak,
I have the "old" style in my F-150. The old style console are from '97-'99 Expeditions. In 2000 they came out with a wider console and removed the armrests in the Expedition.

Here are some pictures of mine:

Here are some pictures of the "new" console in the Expy's. Take a look at how much wider the lid on the new ones is than on mine.

And finally, here is the console with the wood trim from a Navigator

Old 05-29-2001, 06:10 PM
so no bucket seats with the new console?? hmm. i bet the new one is more expensive as well, and made the older one less expensive

--The MAN

p.s. thank you for the pics....a tremendous help!!!

[This message has been edited by F-150 MAN (edited 05-29-2001).]

Old 05-30-2001, 02:35 AM
Blueflareside
Thank You so much for your help. The more I see it the more I like it. Because of your pics I have moved this mod up higher on the list of things to get. One last question, How far back does it extend behind your bucket seats. The reason I ask is that I have a standard cab and thought that it might not fit if it extends back to far. Looking at your pics looks like it is about even with the back of the seats, am I right?

------------------
97 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 4.6L auto, Std cab/Long bed, 3.55LS rear axle, PW,PL, and PM, captian chairs w/arm rests
Sylvania Cool Blue Bulbs, Ford logo hitch and license plate, tinted windows, blackouts front and rear(w/ford logos on front blackouts),ventvisors all around, painted logos on door sills and under hood, 55w backup lights, K&N Filter, custom 4x4 emblems, cup holder/LED mod, 99 F150 Triton V8 emblems, and much more to come

Old 05-30-2001, 07:53 AM
F-150 MAN,
You can have the bucket seats with the new console but you have to remove your armrests or buy Expedition bucket seats. If you do not have bucket seats I would try to find Expedition ones from '00-'01 to put in with the "new style" console. I would think that LWM would have everything that you need. The new style console is $90 from LWM and the old style is $125. From what I heard from other members I think the reason for the price increase on the old style consoles is that they are running out of them. There have been at least 15-20 people from this board who have done this mod and got the consoles from LWM. I think I was the 2nd one.

KYFordFreak,
The back of the console is about even with the backs of the seats when they are in the furthest back position. I know that it will work in a standard cab because there are a few guys in the Lightning ofrum who have done this mod to their trucks. Here is a link http://www.zing.com/album/index.html?id=4292669135 and a picture

Let me know if you need any more information. My e-mail is scmc75@netzero.net

Old 05-31-2001, 11:39 AM
I have the regular cab and bought the old style console. I had a box I built sitting on the shelf behind the seats. It has to be narrowed an inch or more to go back in. The Expy console sits back jsut to the edge of the rise in the floor.

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, Windsor 4.6, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, Bosch Plat +4s, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, Retrax Bed Cover, BedRug, XL Full Length Running Boards,EGR Fender Flares, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs,Energy Suspension Polyurethane Front Sway Bar Bushings, 265 70 16 tires, Rancho RS9000 shocks,Expedition Center Console

Old 06-04-2001, 12:56 AM
Thumbs up

Well, I don't know if i'm gonna be any help, but I see this company on ebay all the time. I have no idea if their price is reasonable or not, but they have gray ford factory buckets with console for sale. They have more then what's listed, just give em an email. Check it out...

http://www.truckandrv.com/tseats.htm

2nd to the last at the bottom of the page I believe.

And if anyone's interested in buying 2 used 2000 Punch XLC's, give me a hollar.

~Mark

------------------
¤1999 F-150 supercab w/ a big ole 4.2L
¤BFGoodrich 265/75R's
¤16" Eagle Alloys series 589
¤Billet Alluminum Grille
¤Pioneer DEH-P9200
¤800 Watt Power Acoustik Fire and Ice Amplifier for the XLC's
¤2400 Watt Power Acoustik "1 Ohm series" for the Power DVC's
¤2 10" Punch XLC's
¤2 12" Punch Power DVC's
¤Custom Door Poppers