Interior Rattle.......

Old 04-25-2000, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Interior Rattle.......

gggrrrrr!! This drives me nuts....The truck is quiet EXCEPT for a little rattle coming from the passenger ABS area of the dash. Has anyone ever taken a dash off on one of these truck....and how hard is it???

Old 04-25-2000, 08:06 AM
sorry forgot the signature...

------------------
97 F150, XLT, Flare-side, ext. cab, Pacific Green, 4.6L Triton V8.

Old 05-02-2000, 06:06 AM
Red face

I have the same rattle on my passenger side by the top of the dash where it meets the windsheild pillar. I haven't found the source of the rattle yet. I'm gonna look at mine during the weekend. I'll keep you posted on what I find.....

------------------
1999 F-150 Supercab 4X4 XLT, 5.4 Auto, Amazon Green, Tow package, Captains chairs, Rear sliding window, Factory Keyless Entry,
Ford bug deflector & Ford chrome nerf bars, Putco Stainless Steel Lockers, Pioneer DEH-4000 Cd Player, Pioneer 6813's in all 4 corners, K&N Gen II Kit, EGR Headlight Blackouts,
Smittybilt Outland brush/grill guard with 2 KC 165 watt Daylighters, Gibson Split Rear Cat-back Exhaust
Email: darylvt@yahoo.com

Old 05-02-2000, 10:06 AM
Rooster. What exactly is the "ABS" area of the dash?

Old 05-02-2000, 10:23 AM
Banned
Arrow

Hey guys, might want to check out the door panel on that passenger side. The top front of mine makes a rattle that sound like it's under the dash. The dealership that I go to says that it is not unusual, go figure. I have taken mine in and they fixed it, but then I went and tinted the window again and took off the door panel and it's back again. I will be taking it back to get fixed and find out how they are doing it.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Mumbly also known as Buck
Carrollton Texas (DFW), Part of the F150 Online Texas Chapter
Black 1999 Stage 3 Roush F-150 Super Cab Flareside
Here are all the goodies: Kenne Bell Supercharger, Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Roush Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window, and lots of other little odds and ends

Work rhigh@nortelnetworks.com
Anytime mumbly_f150@yahoo.com
Home mumbly@gte.net
<A HREF="http://www.roushperf.com/" TARGET=_blank> </A>

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 05-02-2000).]

Old 05-03-2000, 10:06 AM
By ABS part, I meant to say AIRBAG compartment on the passenger side...oops.
I will have to check my passenger door. I assume you mean the passenger door panel. I have to take off the passenger door panel to replace my speakers anyways if that is the case.

------------------

Old 05-15-2000, 03:53 PM
I've developed a rattle myself in the dash somewhere. It's very annoying. Is it something I can take to the dealer and ask them to look at as warranty? How would I word that? It's a '99 F150 SC Lariat 4x4. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2000, 04:00 PM
The problem is with the airbag (AB) mounting. I had Ford remove the airbag and it was discovered that the mounting assemble holding the AB in became loose causing the annoying rattle.
The note on the service sheet indicated that if the rattle returned that the entire AB would have to be replaced.
The rattle has returned. The AB will be replaced.

Old 05-18-2000, 07:29 AM
Arrow

Has anyone ever tried taking the dash apart around the AIR Bag, Or tried to re&re the airbag?? Is it possible? Is it hard??

------------------

Old 05-31-2000, 09:55 PM
Cool

Hi,

I have a ABS sound too. Mine is for sure coming from back of that cover, but I am afraid to open that sucker. Mine is more of a cluck under breaking ... and start-up. Clunk .. Clunk .. one would think I have a clunker. Well let me know anything else about this.

Thanks
Russ

.......... o&^o Share the Road

Old 06-01-2000, 07:47 AM
I am just curious to know how difficult it is to get under there. My truck is a 97 with over 100,000KM on it. So, I am on my own, no dealer for me.
So, has anyone ever taken the dash off, is it difficult. I was thinking about taking it off and just securing every loose thing under there!!!!

------------------

Old 06-01-2000, 08:26 AM
I have the rattle behind the passenger dash somewhere, but I've just developed a new one. It's somewhere on the driver's side. A totally different sound. It's a different tone than the airbag one. I really notice this one. The streets of Richmond are rough this time of year and it has gotten to where I am taking in the truck today or tomorrow to have the leather looked at. I'll see if I can get him to do a test drive with me so he can hear it for himself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interior Rattle.......