Headliner and dash cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-1999, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Headliner and dash cleaner

What is a good cleaner to use on the headliner? Also looking for a good cleaner to use on dash and doors. Is this material plastic or vinyl? Thanks, Bob.

Old 07-12-1999, 09:55 AM
for the headliner mist it lightly with water and wipe off with a towel, for the dash use a gentle cleaner mix it with water in a bucket and dip your cleanig rag in the solution and wipe off the plastic areas. follow the plastic up with a good quality protectant (water free)

------------------
'99 XLT S/C 4.6 Auto White, A.R.E. Hard tonneau, ventvisors and bug guard all painted to match, Kenwood 6 Disc, Westin nerfs, Buccaneers front license plate!

Old 07-13-1999, 01:21 AM
Try Lifter One Stain Remover. I bought it at Pep Boys. It is in a light blue can. I had some blood on my headliner from squashing skeeters while I was four-wheeling and I did not think anything would get the stains out, but this stuff really worked. I have the tan interior if that makes a difference. Hope this helps.

Old 08-08-1999, 04:22 PM
Lightbulb

Here's an inexpensive way to go..."Simple Green" concentrate. A mix of 3parts h20 to 1 part simp. grn works great for the dash. You can strengthen it to clean the headliner if you need to. Also, the dashes/glovebox door are painted in areas so DO NOT SCRUB or you'll remove the paint...even using water! Then you'll have an ugly black spot where you wore through.

Old 10-26-1999, 08:05 PM
Well, I wish I had read about cleaning the interior two weeks ago. I scrubbed a black spot (2in diameter) into my glove compartment cover. Do I need to have it re-painted? It's on a '97 XLT with burgundy interior.
Thanks for any tips.

Old 11-25-1999, 09:03 PM
Ford makes a product called "Triple Clean". It may be expensive, but it is an all purpose cleaner (interior panels, carpet, upholstery, and even exterior). I suggest testing an inconspicious area first. I recommend it to everyone.

You will be amazed. It works really well. We used to use it if a lube tech got oil or grease everywhere.

------------------
'98 4.6 5-sp F-150
We've come for your Tundra.

http://www.mcmullenargus.com/gallery...ge=1165&pub=12
trixters-playground@excite.com
www.truckinweb.com

[This message has been edited by crash1 (edited 11-25-1999).]

[This message has been edited by crash1 (edited 11-25-1999).]

Quick Reply: Headliner and dash cleaner