Febreeze

Old 08-24-1999, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Febreeze

Can anybody recommend this stuff? I just sprayed some on the seats (cloth) and the carpets. Truck smells great but Im wondering if this is just a product that covers up the smell or does it actually do what it says?

------------------
The Truck: 1997 Black F-150 Flareside. Regular Cab ORP and Towing Package
The Mods: K&N Filter, Eurolid Hard Tonneau and Ford Bug Deflector.
The Site:
Triton's 4.6 Liter Web Page
www.mindspring.com/~acbradley/index.html

Old 08-24-1999, 02:41 PM
Wink

Stop drinking the beer and eatin' pickled eggs and you won't need to defume the seats.

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 (UN) SuperChipped (Temporarily I hope)

Old 08-24-1999, 06:07 PM
Triton46, What smell are you trying to rid yourself of?

I own a carpet cleaning business and I can tell you what will work.

Febreeze, I don't like the stuff.

------------------
'99 XLT S/C 4.6 Auto 3.55 LS Oxford White,Orlando appearance package, trailer tow package, keyless entry, A.R.E. Hard tonneau, ventvisors and bug guard all painted to match, limo tint, 5 spoke aluminum wheels, Kenwood 6 Disc, black Back Country nerfs, Buccaneers front license plate! I Luv it!

Old 08-24-1999, 06:37 PM
Talking

Beer and eggs...

Seriously though, nothing spilled or stained. The truck is 2 years old and smells a little musty. I hate airfresheners so thought Id try something to freshen it up. Do you know of anything that would work better?

------------------
The Truck: 1997 Black F-150 Flareside. Regular Cab ORP and Towing Package
The Mods: K&N Filter, Eurolid Hard Tonneau and Ford Bug Deflector.
The Site:
Triton's 4.6 Liter Web Page
www.mindspring.com/~acbradley/index.html

Old 08-24-1999, 06:38 PM
I am not a pro detailer but I use the stuff on my cloth seat regular. I dont notice any of the old smells ever coming back, just new ones showing up! I hear its very harmful to pets though. So make sure it dries before you let your dog in the cab with you.

------------------
J Randall
elktag1az@aol.com
Arizona F150 4x4 SC '97

Old 08-24-1999, 07:40 PM
J-C
It is NOT harmful to pets.
There was some e-mail chain-letter that was started some months back stating so. I asked my Vet and he said it would not harm my pets.
I use it around the house and have had no problems. Haven't put any beer or eggs into the truck so I haven't used it there (yet )

------------------
1999 F-250 XLT Super Duty Crew Cab Long Bed
V-10, Automatic 4R100, 4.30 Limited Slip.
GVW = 6700# Towing Capacity = 13,300#
4 Wheel ABS disks + Reese 15K hitch
Dark Hunter Green. Ford Running Boards.
Grey Rhino-Liner. Captain's Chairs. CD+Tape
Polished Stainless Steel Wheel-well Molding http://members.home.net/jchartier/jnctrk.html

Old 08-24-1999, 09:39 PM
Triton46,

More often than not a musty smell is from the A/C ducts. The absolute best thing for foul odors is an ozone generator but they are hard to find and usually for EXTREME cases. I would go to a janitor supply store and ask for either Microban or ODO-BAN. Microban is a hospital spray and works very well. ODO-BAN used to be sold at Sam's club I would look there first if you have one. ODO-BAN is very strong use it sparingly, diluted with water for sure. Be sure to spray the ducts and in the air intake outside below the windsheild (not on paint) and spray the seats and the carpet lightly and EVENLY to avoid water staining. That should be a good long term solution. Febreeze is a good concept but like all consumer goods like Scotchguard etc. is weak to avoid people killing themselves with it and sueing. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

------------------
'99 XLT S/C 4.6 Auto 3.55 LS Oxford White,Orlando appearance package, trailer tow package, keyless entry, A.R.E. Hard tonneau, ventvisors and bug guard all painted to match, limo tint, 5 spoke aluminum wheels, Kenwood 6 Disc, black Back Country nerfs, Buccaneers front license plate! I Luv it!

Old 08-24-1999, 11:17 PM
J-C, thanks for clearing that up, guess I was pulled in by that scam!

Old 08-26-1999, 11:46 AM
Lightbulb

Febreeze does seem to do what it says, but the scent is a bit "flowery" for my tastes...Turtle Wax makes one called "Odor-X" that works very well, and has a much more pleasing scent - kinda "citrus-y." Febreeze's scent also seems to hang around for days - Odor-X's is gone by the next day, along with whatever odor you are trying to get rid of...

My $.02.

------------------
99 F-150 4x2 S/C, 5.4L, Lariat, Black / Gold, 3.55 l/s, Tonneau, Ford Duraliner...more to come!!

Old 08-26-1999, 07:37 PM
Lightbulb

How about some of that 'Scent Killer' stuff deer hunters use to spray all over themselves to get rid of any and all human smell. That stuff has no smell whatsover.
Plus the fabreeze smell right away is a bit like flowers, but goes away pretty quick when dry.

------------------
J Randall
elktag1az@aol.com
Arizona F150 4x4 SC '97

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Febreeze