97 f-150 power windows, dome light, hood light out

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 f-150 power windows, dome light, hood light out

My truck is a 97 f-150 with a 4.6L, M5od-2 manual transmission, crew cab with the third door.

While doing some interior work I disconnected my dome light from the roof (to change a bulb) removed my passenger door panel (to replace aspeaker). After finishing my fixes I attempted a quick systems check on all the components I had touched.

During this I found that neither window works (no clicking or any other noise), my dome light will not turn on (none of the three lights work in the truck but all three work when tested outside truck with 12v power to the screws that would connect the two wires in the head liner), and my hood work light is out.

I have checked bulbs, and what I believe to be the correct fuse (4th down in the second row of the interior fuse panel). All looked good their.

After some researching I suspect the GEM may be my culprit. I have read a little about others bypassing the GEM for their windows but would rather not if I can avoid doing that.

Does anyone know of any other fuses/relays or anything else to check/test before replacing the GEM?

Location, position, and/or wire colors would all be helpful is so. Thanks in advance for the help.

Quick Reply: 97 f-150 power windows, dome light, hood light out