97' (July 96' Build Date) Need Headlight Housing

Old 05-29-2018, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97' (July 96' Build Date) Need Headlight Housing

The titles says it all... I've got my 97' XLT (2wd) that has TERRIBLY yellow and faded headlight housings. It's time to replace them and I wasn't looking for anything special, just pretty much OEM housings. I found some on Amazon but they wont ship them to Alaska for anything. The one that would, wanted $30 shipping on an item that was originally $38.... This was over 10 sellers btw. I usually can get things shipped here free with Amazon Prime.

So if I'm going to pay more for the OEM replacement stuff, I may as well pay near $100 for nicer lights.

Knowing my truck has a manufacture date of July 96', what is compatible with my truck? It seems that the Halo and some Spec D's are not??? Really bummed by this as I love the LED halo look and would like to use some housings with projectors in them in case I switched from halogen to LED down the road.

Was hoping to not spend a bunch of cash until I can get a lot of other things done to the truck.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:03 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Have you checked rockauto.com?

In the meantime, try doing a restoration. Wet sand them with 1500 grit paper till the yellow is gone, then get an adapter for a drill. Buff them with rubbing compound and a wool bonnet, then with PlastX and a foam bonnet.

Last edited by glc; 05-29-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:51 AM
I already tried the resto thing, had a kit and all. Just got worse after it sat for a bit. The replacements I wanted we're about the same cost as a light restoration kit even and they included new bulbs.

Yeah RockAuto is good for some things, at least their shipping is decent. The cost of items on there were more for lights, whereas everything else is usually cheaper.

I think I like the Spyder lights with the halo... Any thing to say about those? They are projector housings and run around $150 for a set. I can send them through a freight forwarder for around $0.40 a pound if they are worth a dang.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:18 PM
Haven't had any experience with Spyder lights myself but you could also check out discountcarlights.com for wholesale prices

Old 07-12-2018, 05:23 AM
hi

Mec, novsight il y a une lampe dont tu as besoin, novsight totalement conforme à ce que vous, vous pouvez voir, j'espère pouvoir vous aider.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 97' (July 96' Build Date) Need Headlight Housing