LED lighting for 2006 F150

Old 02-22-2018, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED lighting for 2006 F150

I have a 2006 F150 FX4 that I want to upgrade to LED headlights and fog lights. What brand do you recommend?

Old 02-22-2018, 06:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum, but try using the search function. This one's been beat to death here.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:55 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I bought mine at Amazon and the brand is Alla. Mine is a 2014 and has absolutely the worst headlights....until I put LEDS in it. I think mine are rated at 8000 lumens. They REALLY light up the night but they don't blind oncoming traffic. The high beams are kinda worthless though since the low beams are so good. I also bought their brightest LED foglights. Previously I had to run the Halogen fogs just to see at night. I don't need them anymore but the LED fogs are definitely worth the trouble. I ran mine so much the heat from the Halogens had shattered the glass on the stock mounts. I bought new fog light light mounts too. If you think you'll like the LED headlights, consider buying the side marker lights too. They're relatively cheap and make a HUGE difference. The side markers are in the headlight bucket which can be a PIA to get out of the fender socket. Probably took me 30 minutes to change all of it. I also bought LED back up lights since the factory bulbs are worthless. I got the 1000 lumen bulbs. Now I can see behind me when backing up. I'd change the rear taillights but it takes a resistor and I don't want to get into that. LEDS are the best thing I ever put on a truck.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look up morimoto XBled for fogs they are a direct replacement led housing that will have the best fog light beam pattern.
as for LEDs in the headlights look over at 4x4truckleds.com they have good LEDs.
But if you want the best output look into a projector retrofit

Old 08-25-2018, 03:10 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Interesting to read all the opinions on LED head lamps. Some people say that the LED in the OEM halogen lamp reflectors just don't work well. Other people say that LED will blind oncoming drivers.

My 1st set of LED headlamp were back when they were $$$XXX. Now, the technology is even better, and the cost has gone down to $X. Literally $200 down to $20.

For your 06, with H13, look for something adjustable, and has a cooling fan.

Don't worry too much about the brand, since they are all just rebranded from the same factories in China. Look for a reputable seller who has been around for awhile, and make sure that they will stand behind their warranty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED lighting for 2006 F150