Anyone with Anzo Planks do an HID retrofit?

Old 12-15-2017, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with Anzo Planks do an HID retrofit?

I have a 2016 XLT Sport that came with halogens. I installed a set of black Anzo Plank Switchbacks and put Opt7 LEDS in them. I've had them for about 6 months and am not very impressed with the light ouput. The low beam projectors seem to have a decent cutoff when shining on the neighbors garage from my garage, however they kinda suck out in no-man's land, and the high beams are pretty much worthless.

I'm thinking about doing an HID retrofit in them with Morimoto projectors and one of their systems, but not sure what fits and what doesn't. I've contacted them to ask, but figured I'd ask you guys as well.

Do any of you have these lights installed and have you done a conversion on them?

Old 12-16-2017, 05:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya you couldn't have picked any worse LEDs to use. OPT7 are one of the worst out there.
That said. Yes you can swap in the mini d2s 4.0 in there. But you need to make your own bracket. A fellow retrofitter in my town just did this. And I know Matt at Bullseye retrofit makes his own brackets.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't do a ton of research on LEDs. I've had Opt7 bulbs before and was pretty happy with them, so went with them. Now, I want more light and better projectors. I've read elsewhere that the Anzo projectors aren't very good.

Any good ideas on what to use for bracket material and how hard it is to do? Or, what LED bulbs would work better with the projectors in the lights now? I know HID systems are a lot better than just a bulb swap, but just curious.

I also contacted Bullseye for suggestions and help.

Last edited by twillroth; 12-16-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:28 AM
Anyone with Anzo Planks do an HID retrofit? - F150online Forums
https://www.f150online.com › F150online Forums › Body › Illumination & Lighting

hope it helps try to visit it and check out for details

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone with Anzo Planks do an HID retrofit?