Aftermarket lights - F150online Forums

Go Back  F150online Forums > Body > Illumination & Lighting
Aftermarket lights >

Aftermarket lights

Illumination & Lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket lights

 
  #1  
Old 01-29-2015, 07:59 AM
Project truck's Avatar
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 5
Aftermarket headlights

I am looking to upgrade my headlights on a 2006 f150 and I wanted to see what are some of the best brands that are out there.
 
  #2  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:13 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 10,390
Originally Posted by Project truck View Post
I am looking to upgrade my headlights on a 2006 f150 and I wanted to see what are some of the best brands that are out there.
Hey.

First - try asking a Mod to move ye thread to the "Illuminatin' n' Lightin" Forum - that be whur the experts be hidin'

Second - have yeseff a peek-see in thet thar forum fer all the info ye'd e'er wanna know.

Third - as fer brands - 99% of 'em are junk. Anzo, Recon, Spyder and the rest are to be avoided. Poor fitment, poor UV coatings, crappy output , imprecise beam patterns, shoddy construction, fog & leak-prone.... ye don't want them headaches.

Also avoid the urge to buy the ghey 'halo/projector' heads you see online - crappola.

Absolutely, 110% AVOID the urge to drop in cheap PnP HID kits into yer reflector-based halogen headlights! Refer to Daniel Stern's article in the info dump provided below.

Best bet is to stay OEM and retrofit them - either yeseff 'er git one o' the fine retrofitters to do 'er fer ye - info below.

Some Info - read through ALL the links within links to gain some crucial baseline knowledge so that you may further discuss this topic cogently:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...light=retrofit

https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...eadlights.html


Good luck
 

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-29-2015 at 09:03 AM. Reason: spellin' n' sich
  #3  
Old 01-29-2015, 09:52 AM
88racing's Avatar
Technical Article Contributor
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the fast lane from LA to Tokyo...
Posts: 10,697
^^^^this^^^^
 
  #4  
Old 02-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Project truck's Avatar
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 5
Aftermarket lights

I am looking around for some new headlights for my 2006 f150 and I was wanting to see what are some of the best brands out there or would it be best to have the headlights retrofitted.
 
  #5  
Old 02-04-2015, 01:44 PM
thelariat02's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: U.P. of Michigan
Posts: 2,519
Originally Posted by Project truck View Post
I am looking around for some new headlights for my 2006 f150 and I was wanting to see what are some of the best brands out there or would it be best to have the headlights retrofitted.
Retrofit hands down. Those spyder lights suck I wouldn't touch those with a 10' pole.
Or for cosmetic purposes just open up your stock lights and paint them black or ptm.
 
  #6  
Old 02-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 10,390
Originally Posted by Project truck View Post
I am looking around for some new headlights for my 2006 f150 and I was wanting to see what are some of the best brands out there or would it be best to have the headlights retrofitted.
WTFF?

You already HAVE a thread on this EXACT subject! With fekkin' Answers to ye fekkin' questions innit!

I asked you to get it moved here, NOT create yet another one.

==> https://www.f150online.com/forums/ot...eadlights.html

Against the Forum Rules dude.

C'mon man ...... work wif me here - please PM a Mod an' git 'er done....as has already been requested .... Jebus H. W. Chrispy ....

MGD
 

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-04-2015 at 02:29 PM.
  #7  
Old 02-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Rochester, NY, USA
Posts: 3,240
Originally Posted by MGDfan View Post
WTFF?

You already HAVE a thread on this EXACT subject! With fekkin' Answers to ye fekkin' questions innit!

I asked you to get it moved here, NOT create yet another one.

==> https://www.f150online.com/forums/ot...eadlights.html

Against the Forum Rules dude.

C'mon man ...... work wif me here - please PM a Mod an' git 'er done....as has already been requested .... Jebus H. W. Chrispy ....

MGD
MGDfan,

You really need to let your inner feelings out. Keeping them all pent up inside may lead to blurred vision, dizziness, redness at the application site, joint stiffness, fainting, loss of appetite, voting Democratic, hair loss, etc. And you also risk all of them pouring out in one post someday. Lord help the poor b_____d that this happens to.

Wait a minute. Never mind ...

BTW, I'm a Miller High Life guy from waaay back.
 
  #8  
Old 02-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 10,390
Originally Posted by 2stroked View Post
MGDfan,

You really need to let your inner feelings out. Keeping them all pent up inside may lead to blurred vision, dizziness, redness at the application site, joint stiffness, fainting, loss of appetite, voting Democratic, hair loss, etc. And you also risk all of them pouring out in one post someday. Lord help the poor b_____d that this happens to.

Wait a minute. Never mind ...

BTW, I'm a Miller High Life guy from waaay back.
LMELFHAO !!!

Thankee sir. I most assuredly needed - and deserved - that.


MGD
 
  #9  
Old 02-04-2015, 04:55 PM
88racing's Avatar
Technical Article Contributor
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the fast lane from LA to Tokyo...
Posts: 10,697
Jeez I thought this was going to be something special.....just another duplicate
 
  #10  
Old 02-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Rochester, NY, USA
Posts: 3,240
Originally Posted by MGDfan View Post
LMELFHAO !!!

Thankee sir. I most assuredly needed - and deserved - that.


MGD
Glad I could make you laugh. Love your knowledge and posting style! Keep up the good work!

Tom
 
  #11  
Old 02-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Project truck's Avatar
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 5
Any good companies yall can recommend to get my headlights retrofitted.
 
  #12  
Old 02-09-2015, 05:48 PM
thelariat02's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: U.P. of Michigan
Posts: 2,519
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...es-and-Vendors
A list of high quality retrofits.
If not I do these years,
Tuxedoblack11 does retrofits
And Sammy (Saleen ) does them also.
 
  #13  
Old 02-09-2015, 06:33 PM
JackandJanet's Avatar
Global Moderator &
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Among javelinas and scorpions in Zoniestan
Posts: 7,120
OK, I've merged the other thread with this one. I'm not going to try to clean it up, since the OP ignored MGD's suggestion.

- Jack
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket lights


Sponsors

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: