99 F150 replacement headlights

Old 01-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 F150 replacement headlights

Finally tired of scrubbing the yellowing of my stock headlight lenses. Looking at reasonably priced replacements and would like to go with a clear polycarbonate lens and chrome reflector. Are any of the ones listed on ebay worth trying? Hard to nail down actual manufacturers but they reference some as 'headlight depot', 'VIP moto Z', and 'OT moto'.

Not interested in doing a conversion, just want something that lights well and won't yellow (at least for a long time).

Any recommendations/comments appreciated.

Old 01-28-2015, 03:03 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by paxplant
Finally tired of scrubbing the yellowing of my stock headlight lenses. Looking at reasonably priced replacements and would like to go with a clear polycarbonate lens and chrome reflector. Are any of the ones listed on ebay worth trying? Hard to nail down actual manufacturers but they reference some as 'headlight depot', 'VIP moto Z', and 'OT moto'.

Not interested in doing a conversion, just want something that lights well and won't yellow (at least for a long time).

Any recommendations/comments appreciated.
Hey.

1. OEM Lightning
2. Visteon
3. TYC

There may be another model - I'll let o' Larry-At describe them - he's used them: https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...fit-kinda.html

Most of the others are absolute crap , ill-fitting, will leak, fog, haze, and yellow. Most have little to no UV coating.

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-28-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan

Hey.

1. OEM Lightning
2. Visteon
3. TYC

There may be another model - I'll let o' Larry-At describe them - he's used them: https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...fit-kinda.html

Most of the others are absolute crap , ill-fitting, will leak, fog, haze, and yellow. Most have little to no UV coating.
Hi!

My list is the same. Add OEM Harley to it too.
Also look into Depo they are aftermarket but with my 2 years off having them in the Ol' UP they never yellowed. Now I know Raptor had problems with his pitting and yellowing but he's in Florida so I blame the Ocean salt on the air haha..
My personal favorite are the ones MGD so kindly linked. They have a sperate Hi beam projector that really lights up the roads. Low beam however, I would say is about on par with your stock low beams.

You're best bet for a long life headlight is going to be OEM or Visteon. The Visteon are hard to come by and usually pricey, but well worth it.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever you do, stay away from the Chinese "exact replacement" headlights. Although they look amazingly close to OEM, their performance isn't anywhere near OEM.

A number of years ago when my son was driving a 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis, the headlights were dull, scratched and oxidized. Although I could have probably wet sanded, then buffed the outer lenses out, we decided to replace them. The price on the Chinese units was very tempting and the shop selling them here guaranteed me they performed just as well as OEM. So, we bought a pair. When I tell you the pattern wasn't even close, I'm somewhat understating how bad they really were. In fact, the left side pattern wasn't close to the right side pattern. They (reluctantly) refunded our money and I bought Ford OEM replacements. Much better.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Threads like this is why I made a thread like THIS

Old 01-30-2015, 10:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Like that write up Raptor05121. I've had good luck with TYC and Eagle eyes. My current Lightning style head lights and turns are Eagle eyes and work great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 F150 replacement headlights