passenger front signal issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
passenger front signal issue

ive run into an issue where my passenger front turn signal isn't working. it all started when I tired putting led switchbacks in with external load resistors. they weren't working so I put the regular bulbs back in. now the front passenger signal isn't working. checked fuses and they are all good, put a meter to the wiring at the bulb and was getting the same reading as the drivers side. switched out the bulb socket from side to side. passenger side works on drivers side but drivers side doesn't work on passenger side. im at a loss for what it could be. please help
thanks

Old 07-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like maybe you installed the resistor the wrong way and maybe messed something up.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:48 PM
How exactly did you hook the meter up to the wiring? Was it through the socket or before the socket? If you are getting proper voltage through, but the bulb that tests good elsewhere will not light up, I would suspect the socket itself...

Old 07-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by dbhost
How exactly did you hook the meter up to the wiring? Was it through the socket or before the socket? If you are getting proper voltage through, but the bulb that tests good elsewhere will not light up, I would suspect the socket itself...
I hooked it up both through the socket and before. The socket that was on the passenger side is now on the drivers side and working just fine

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 07-25-2014, 10:40 PM
So you swapped bulbs and sockets between sides? Yet you say you get voltage to both sides? Something doesn't sound right. If you get voltage all the way through the socket and the bulb is good you should get light... Maybe I am misunderstanding your description or you have a Gremlin there...

Old 07-25-2014, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by dbhost
So you swapped bulbs and sockets between sides? Yet you say you get voltage to both sides? Something doesn't sound right. If you get voltage all the way through the socket and the bulb is good you should get light... Maybe I am misunderstanding your description or you have a Gremlin there...
That's correct, no misunderstanding on your end at all. This is why I'm so lost

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 07-25-2014, 11:20 PM
Sounds like you have a bad ground. On that side. Check the factory ground by the headlight.
Ohm the ground post on the socket to the factory ground by the headlight if it's infinite or OL you have an open loop and break in the wire.

Quick Reply: passenger front signal issue