Old 07-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
tuxedoblack's website..... http://www.projectoretrofits.com/

Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by txsmokeater
Raptor, I understand what you are saying about the "wall of glare", but the fogs I put in are 6000 and my factory HID headlights are 6500 (so the dealership told me when I asked), so I am using a less powerful (not by much but it is less) fog light so I shouldn't be creating any blinding issues.....I hope.
Your dealer is retarded, your OEM D2S bulbs are 4300K, as required by law. And fog lamps are not required to have glare caps like main lights, so they do in fact, cause more glare.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raptor I like the 2nd picture better
I just wanted to add that capping the end of a hid bulb and installing it into a fog lamp will do nothing but cost you $20.00.
I had capped Hid bulbs in my fogs and was always embarrassed to run them cause I knew the glare they produced.
If you want do a matchbox projector retrofit in your fog lamps and run hid's, there problem solved.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Just because people don't flash you doesnt mean you arent blinding the hell out of them. I have around 7,000 lumens coming out of my projectors and my sister drove my truck for 45 minutes with the high beams on (let me tell you, those suckers HURT your eyes) without getting flashed.

You are telling me this

is better than this?

Many of us projector enthusiasts like the hardcore, sharp cutoff. However, most projectors have a soft cutoff and even squirrel spotters which dampen the light and give you decent all around visibility above the cutoff, without blinding drivers.

Why do you need fog lights in the city?

PnP is both dangerous and illegal. If you live in a state with inspections, they will fail you. Many places are also taking legal ramification against those who run them. Personally, I have been spearheading the movement here. I've already talked to my local police chief and sheriff who have passed the word to their officers. Down here we have rednecks who lift the front end of their truck and run 8000K HIDs in their heads AND fogs which creates a wall of glare.

The design of the arc inside HID capsules is not meant to be used in reflectors designed for long, dark filaments. When you double the output and put it in a narrow field of view, you are blinding people. Its the same thing as walking with a MagLight twisted to a wide beam and then twisting it to a sharp, powerful beam and shining it in someones eyes.

well said!

OP, running HIDs in fogs just to match the color is ridiculous. for me personally, i laugh at people who run HIDs in their fogs because it is defeating the purpose of fog lights. and since you live in the city you dont need them.

personally, if i see a car coming with a nice set of HIDs in the headlights with a crisp cutoff and halogens in their fogs i think man that guy has a nice light set up.

just my two cents though. pretty much everything everyone has said above me is true

Old 10-13-2013, 11:11 PM
dlc918

I purchased on ebay the lights you did. How did you reverse the lights so that they shine on the street instead of the trees when the plug in only goes one way? Installing the lights as they are leaves the bar on the bottom and it must be on the top in order to disperse evenly on the ground and not the trees.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dlc918
I purchased on ebay the lights you did. How did you reverse the lights so that they shine on the street instead of the trees when the plug in only goes one way? Installing the lights as they are leaves the bar on the bottom and it must be on the top in order to disperse evenly on the ground and not the trees.
You talking about the fogs?

Old 10-14-2013, 01:29 PM
dlc918

I was referring to Txsmokeeater's purchase of HID Fog Lights for his 2013 King Ranch. I have a 2013 Platinum. I bought same as you on ebay. What did you do about the 180 installation of the plug. This leaves the bar on bottom allowing lights to shoot to trees instead of on the ground. Were you able to find a way to reverse with bar on top?

Old 10-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What bar? You mean the one that is attached to the hid capsule? You cant fix that. that should be on the bottom. What you are seeing is glare.. which by the way if its in the trees its also in the incoming traffics eyes.
Please switch back to halogens. Your fellow drivers will thank you.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by thelariat02
What bar? You mean the one that is attached to the hid capsule? You cant fix that. that should be on the bottom. What you are seeing is glare.. which by the way if its in the trees its also in the incoming traffics eyes.
Please switch back to halogens. Your fellow drivers will thank you.
THIS

Quick Reply: New HID fog lights for 2013 F-150