KC Slimlites Driving & Long Range Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KC Slimlites Driving & Long Range Lights

Hey All,

(2011 FX4 5.0)Quick question, I am looking to buy KC Slimlites 100Watt Driving Lights and 130 Watt Long Range Lights. My question is, will my electrical system be able to handle this? I don't know if this is a stupid question or not, but I won't melt any wires and I won't hurt anything but installing these, correct?

I am going to use all the supplied wires/hardwire from KC as well as their switches. I won't be running these every day, if that matters. Please advise.

Also, I can't seem to find "lite locks" for the slimlites, any input where I can purchase those?

Thanks in advance,

Old 02-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Melted wire = You should not be using any factory wiring for the load, so this is a non issue.

Amp load = while 2 x 100 W and 2 x 150 W are a lot of light, the actual load on the KC relay harness is not that great.

the 2 x 100 W = 200 W ( and using Watt =Volt * Amp ) on the very low side these are ~ 16 A of load, and the 2x 150 W is 50% more, so the total for both of them is ~ 40A when used together.

If you are going into it, might want to look at an external fuse panel like a Fuzeblocks or Centech fuse panel.
This would allow you to have 1 fuse & wire to the battery and have all the fuses for external items not in different places with inline fuse holders.

Quick Reply: KC Slimlites Driving & Long Range Lights